Decluttering discussion thread: share your wins, ask for advice, inspire each other!

Call the school and ask if they have a coat closet? We are madly collecting winter gear here in preparation for next winter.

1 Like

I know they do- and I assumed they wouldn’t want them over the summer. That may have been an incorrect assumption.

Even down here in Florida, our resource centers never say no to coats.

Buy nothing posted a book I recently bought and hated (couldn’t even get 3 chapters in!), a box of clothes, a baseball cap, an undated planner I get last year and never used, and some too large pants that were gifted to me.

7 Likes

I put on Mac lipstick this morning under the ‘look good feel good’ hypothesis.

I threw away my Mac lipstick. It should not feel or smell that way on application. We will not discuss how long ago that lipstick was purchased.

14 Likes

filled a giant box of kitchen crap we don’t need this weekend. We started at one side, and worked our way around all the cupboards. I listed some things on Marketplace, but most of it is Goodwill bound.

5 Likes

We did this too! It feels so good to have space in the cabinets for the things that are left to spread out rather than being packed in.

2 Likes

Posted three wrong-size nursing bras (I tried on and took the tags off of before my milk came in…silly noodle) to Buy Nothing. Found the padding I took out and everything!

12 Likes

I have a declutter pick up scheduled for today.

18 Likes

Fantastic level of decluttering

3 Likes

Why Thank you!

I thought I had a declutter booked for March 6, but they never showed up and I couldn’t find confirmation in my email, so I think I started the booking process but didn’t finish it?

Either way, a bunch of this has been sitting on the Porch since then, I just kept adding to it.

7 Likes

The truck is here! So exciting!

(I’ve already booked my next pick up for early May)

14 Likes

Today I am decluttering shoes.

Please note, only four people live here, and this does not include the shoes that are in bedroom closets

When everyone gets home tonight they’ll be asked to put their daily shoes & boots in the hall closet, their occasional shoes in their bedroom closet, and the rest in the garbage.

(I think Prospy and I each have nine pairs there. We do not need nine pairs of daily shoes.)

13 Likes

Said who?

5 Likes

Said the two of us, creatures of habit, who each wear our favourite shoes daily :slight_smile:

(I say this tongue in cheek, but, shoes are not our ‘thing’ so we don’t need many options)

3 Likes

you don’t show us daily shoes. you have items of delight that bring the world joy.

4 Likes

It is early spring. We have 3 pairs of shoes out each at home, and I think ended up with 3 jacket options each for a weekend away. In another month minimalism can return

4 Likes

I… I sold the stand mixer. I made a bunch of pavlova back in the day, but after 5 years of dormancy it was time to admit my baking/cooking just isn’t complicated enough to justify its real estate any more.

13 Likes

Sold some clothes at a consignment shop and got $54.50 (9 items).

Paper grocery bag of clothes, a Bissell Flip-It, and a blender to Goodwill.

It started to pour down rain to the clothes and shoes to be recycled were not dropped off (yet).

Drops in the bucket, but better than nothing.

ETA: I forgot - dog food and dog treats to neighbors.

6 Likes

4 grocery bags of clothes to Goodwill. I one item sold At consignment store ($5.20). Coins converted to paper money at bank ($25). Redeemable cans & bottles returned ($8.50)

Another pass through clothes yielded one large garbage bag of clothes for Goodwill; 2 items for consignment (one I am sure they will take, the second they probably won’t); and one grocery bag for clothing recycling.

One hundred or so more passes and we might see some progress!

8 Likes