Create-Your-Own Adventure November Challenge: Stickers Deadline!

I will go outside my house and have a breath of fresh air at least once a day

14 Likes

such a legit goal for 2020

10 Likes

I plan to exercise at least 3 days a week for a total of 5 hours (per week).
I will also do Duolingo every day.

4 Likes

Okay, my commitments are:

• Update spending app on Mondays and Fridays
  • Show Mr H spending to-date for the month at some point each weekend
  • Go into my garden at least once a day every single day
5 Likes

Greyweld do you want a no alcohol buddy? I need to be stricter with myself about zero meaning zero, instead of ā€œzero except for special events that seem to happen weeklyā€ :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes please! Iā€™m very bad about just a little turning into not just a little.

3 Likes

I want to do a dry month this year (I had Dry January on my 2020 bingo card, LOLLLLLLLL) but I also kinda want to wait to see how election week shakes out until I commit. Iā€™ll get back to you on joining the No-Booze-Vember train Wednesday or Thursdayā€¦

5 Likes

@Greyweld awesome! This will help me prevent my typical forget about the thread a week in lol

For my NO-vember:

No alcohol. None. Not even on my birthday. Because 2020 if nothing else has taught me thereā€™s always an excuse (this is of course for me and me alone, not at ALL directed toward anyone not me!).

My biggest issue when Iā€™ve gone to zero from now and then is that my brain reallllly wants to replace alcohol with another drug, either sugar or caffeine. Caffeine is also a no no except in tiny amounts. Iā€™ve eaten way too many wheat free sugary treats this month (the only downside of my GBBO obsession). Honey/maple syrup in the occasional beverage is ok for my body because that doesnā€™t turn into a habit.

So:

NO purchased sugary treats. I can make something fancy for my birthday and to share with the kids when theyā€™re in town.

NO caffeine outside of the 5am half-hit in my fancy tea.

10 Likes

Really struggling with anything beyond bare minimum existence these days. So my goals are: drink 20oz of water and open my planner and write down one to do in it every day.

10 Likes

Iā€™m game!

• Update Spending Tracker every Friday
  • Complete at least one item on my November goals list a week
  • Move in a meaningful way everyday (walks, yoga, weights, etc.)
5 Likes

My housemate just walked in with a big bag saying ā€œHappy Drinking Day!ā€

I was locking everything up on my way to bed :laughing: and do not have a drink but instead a cup of roasty herbal tea.

I finished off the last brownie of a batch Iā€™d made a few days ago so that is now gone and no sugar can commence properly.

Had my cup of caffeine-lite this morning and no more! It helped that I had to go in to work for a few hours and was super busy. Tomorrow I work a 12.5 hour shift and the afternoon is my challenging time.

9 Likes

I will:

-Do all my Christmas shopping by month end
-Continue massive decluttering for move
-Find a new place to live - this one is a maybe, but I will at least search

8 Likes

My goals:

• Survive election
  • Start walking outside multiple times a week again
13 Likes

So say we all. +1

6 Likes

Had a no-booze election night (not without longing glances at the whiskey bottle) which confirmed for me that a dry november is whatā€™s needed right now. Time to cold brew some purrbon and put some kombucha on to brew. :tea:

9 Likes

NaNoWriMo is going well. As usual, I made myself a customized daily wordcount chart, to give myself higher targets for weekends and holidays and lower targets for working days and especially for days when I have other commitments after work. Anyway, yesterday I attended a ā€œdonā€™t obsess, writeā€ write-in over Zoom and wrote enough words to surpass my goal total for tomorrow, so Iā€™m a day ahead!

7 Likes

My goals are:
Everything goes in its place (points detracted for stuff left in different purses, dishes in the sink, clothes not in a basket).
Evaluate when my demands on myself are unrealistic and rectify accordingly.
Sell things I need decluttered.

8 Likes

I have two (which Iā€™ve actually done so far in November - 4 days in, haha

• Online exercise class once a week (would prefer more but at $10 per class thatā€™s what I feel good about budgeting)
  • Do my damned timesheet every single damned day. I even have an Outlook reminder that goes off daily an hour before quitting time but more often than not I groan and hit ā€œdismissā€ and then on Fridays I am having to look back thru emails to figure out what I worked on each day. Thatā€™s dumb. Itā€™s way easier if I do it a day at a time rather than trying to reconstruct a whole week.
7 Likes

This November I want to:

• Go outside every day. Backyard to take out the trash doesnā€™t count. Backyard to garden or soak in the sun counts. Mailbox 2 blocks away counts. There may be Real Exercise ā„¢ too but not going to set goals around that.
  • Net negative objects. Thereā€™s a lot of baby gear coming in so Iā€™m going to try a ā€œ1 thing in, 2 things outā€ practice.
8 Likes

No buying drinks I can make myself! So far I am winning!

12 Likes