Challenge: Get it Done December ✅

Apparently not-actually-angel-tree gifts have arrived, but I currently have a cat attachment who has opinions about me moving. These may or may not get packed for drop off tomorrow.

7 Likes

I haven’t done this yet but I put a calendar reminder to do it on Saturday. I will consider this progress :slight_smile:

4 Likes
  1. Reviewed my will, powers of attorney, and advanced directives, and returned the corrections to the lawyer.

2. Asked my Ex for my books back. She promised them this week. As it’s already Friday, I am skeptical.

3. Attended 7 meetings to organize the Last Minute project that I’ve been sucked into. On Monday, I shall steal a podium.

4. Took the puppy boi to the vet, and have scheduled all THREE of his referalls. tldr; he’s doing better!

5. Didn’t kill myself.

13 Likes

This is the best news!

1 Like

Ok. I finally, after a few hours, worked this out

and that’s all a real awful state and yes I know it was months ago and, just, damn, mate. Glad you’re looking after the doggie and you. It’ll take me a few more hours to finish catching myself up.

5 Likes

Progress has been made. I sewed the study curtain in about half an hour. I used the same thread as the gazebo curtains, so I don’t have to change anything before I work on those.

1 Like

Are we updating now? I have completed 1 witchy nonfiction book, leaving 1 to go and 1 book by a BIPOC author. I have a plan for when to block the hoodie.

1 Like

Okay. My task will be to deal with the boxes o’ stuff in the corner of the “storage corner”. Some of this was done to get the plants on the original bookcase. More of it has been done to get the new plant stand in there in the past 2 days. However, the temptation is to just move the boxes to a new locale, rather than you know going thru them and culling the obvious, and sorting the rest into the going here, going there, and small keep piles!

I have been going through papers all morning. Filled the shred bin, the file me basket, and the recycling bins have a lot less empty space than before. Still have more to do to finish that file box, but I need to get the new shelf in place as it’s getting chilly in the house and at the moment it’s parked in front of the woodstove. We won’t freeze, but the woodstove makes it cozy instead of okay.

We went off to the antique store, a friend’s shop, Lowe’s and Staples. Gave the antique shop the other 2 boxes of packing paper and plastic pillow packing things. Took the shredding to Staples. I took a small Hoosier canister I couldn’t sell and filled it with wooden spools I also couldn’t sell. Put a ridiculous price on it, $3 and it sold. Hurrah! We sold that, 3 “protesting” mice name holders, a brownie camera and camera meter (the last 2 are from DH).

Best day I’ve had in terms of quantity of things sold since 12/1. Hurrah!

Also, I’d tried to sell the Hoosier canister with another and hadn’t. I’d tried to sell the spools in Mason jars and hadn’t. So it was an impulse to get rid of more stuff at the last minute on my way out the door today. YAY!

I’m so sick of all the stuff that I’m glad to get rid of things, even when I know the price is stupid cheap. At this point, I don’t really care. I just need more $, more space, and less stuff!

I was in another antique store after we left the one where I have a booth. There was a white painted trunk that looked almost exactly, up to the break in the handle on the side, like the one I auctioned off a few weeks ago. Could be! Doesn’t matter. It was way too big for the revised living room. It had been our coffee table, but there was no way to use it that made sense, so it went.

It makes a fine display/storage piece for an open floored antique booth. So we both won.

Anyway, this isn’t a tiny victory, but a big one: 1 box of paper to shred? Gone! Two boxes of packing material? Gone! Two sets of unsaleable merch. combined for sale? Gone!

Now, if I can only do this about 1,000 more times…

2 Likes

Adding a few things to list, so sort of going the wrong direction, but whatever.

• Finish painting that damn green room (down to the finicky edging bits which is why it keeps getting put off)
  • Hang new shelves in bathroom
  • Get final layer of stain on cabinet doors
  • Put together new shoe rack for back door
  • Add more insulation to top of door in from garage
  • Hang new(ish) art
  • Finish remaining shelves for bookshelf (need one more layer of sanding+stain)
  • Fix coffee table
  • Un-:duck: kitchen so I can process the last of the stuff in the fridge before I leave
  • Un-:duck: living area since it’s currently been taken over by in-progress staining projects and a broken coffee table

Soon:
:white_check_mark: Confirm all presents for relatives I’m visiting at Christmas will fit in suitcase or get them shipped (must happen this week)
:white_check_mark: Wrap and drop off gifts for nursing home through work program
:white_check_mark: Figure out where they hid the not-actually-Angel Trees this year and pick 2-3 ornaments
:white_check_mark: Decide if dishwasher offered by friend 1) fits and 2) is something I actually want (ETA: Nope)

• Drop off not-actually-angel tree gifts when last piece arrives
4 Likes

Yeah, that’s $15,000 and 6 months of my life that were more about endurance than joy. But here we are, striking out into new things. I’ve got the decree in hand, and on the 21 I’ll sign all new versions of my will, powers of attorney, and advance directive.

I didn’t choose it, but at least the process is over. At this point, I wouldn’t go back. Thanks, mate!

8 Likes

PAWG, I don’t know you and it’s not a contest, but if you sign a new version of your will, you will literally be FIVE YEARS ahead of me! My ex hasn’t done a new one, either. Anyway, well done, you, for being super on the ball about stuff that no one ever wants to talk about. I hope that the turning of the calendar page brings amazing things for you.

6 Likes

12/11 check in:

All listings active for the items I’d taken photos of. Still more items to take photos and list.
Hoping to sell my wall tapestry on Marketplace for $20. I have 4 framed art prints so do I need a tapestry? I’m not in college anymore.

$40 cash now in hand after selling my sewing machine.

$28.55 earned from graphing calculator sale on ebay. As in, from highschool. I don’t do math that isn’t handled by my phone calculator so why did I still have this.

At last therapy appointment, scheduled the next for end of January since I am not financially able atm.

My sister and I mutually agreed no christmas gift exchange this year. Got a very small present for my youngest sister awhile ago, think it was around $12.

Nothing scanned this week.

No bike deliveries yet.

A few more listings up and a few things sold, two trips to the post office to ship so far.

6 Likes

I dealt with 2 bags of these today. Only 4 bags to go…

5 Likes

Weekend update: We haven’t taken any action on the to-do items for our estate plan, but I did call my life insurance and ascertain that they cancelled it. They sent me a form to apply for reinstatement, so :crossed_fingers:. I have gained a bunch of weight since then and been in infertility treatment, don’t know if those will disqualify me!

3 Likes

Done!!

7 Likes

:black_small_square:Clean off kitchen table
:black_small_square:Boxes out of bedroom
:black_small_square:Deal with storage bags
:white_check_mark: vide give away into youth shelter and goodwill
:black_small_square:Take stuff to youth shelter
:black_small_square:Take stuff to goodwill
:white_check_mark: Box out of 2nd bathroom
:black_small_square:Clean off desk
:black_small_square:Deal with stuff under bar
:black_small_square:Hang framed art
:black_small_square:Measure and inventory unframed art
:black_small_square:Get shoe rack
:black_small_square:Big blanket to laundromat
:black_small_square:Get bookshelf or temporary solution
:black_small_square:Deal with books
:black_small_square:Deal with pile of stuff by bookshelf
:black_small_square:Deal with pile of stuff by front door
:black_small_square:Deal with pile of stuff in chair
:black_small_square:Vacuum chair
:black_small_square:Rotate mattress
:black_small_square:Couch cover to laundromat
:white_check_mark: School books
:white_check_mark: Deal with winter accessories
:white_check_mark: Write final paper
:black_small_square:Make appt with advisor
:white_check_mark: Email thesis professor
:white_check_mark: Clean dishwasher
:white_check_mark: Clean garbage disposal
:white_check_mark: Clean washer

slightly more progress

5 Likes

Weekend update:
Cleaned the floor, purged some more. Will take the extra small animal gear to the therapy centre kid1 attends, it’s a therapy /animal rescue all in one.

Sorted some of the books. Will need kid buy in to actually purge any.

Got the table out. Haven’t got the new work surface in yet.

Still have to go through the pile of kid papers. Seriously considering just recycling the lot. On closer inspection, there’s a bag of my own kindergarten art mixed in there that my mom sent me, as well as an envelope my grandma gave me a few years ago, containing everything I ever sent her as a child (with notes ‘Clone, age 6, own printing.’ Do I really want to pass this type of thing onto the boys when they are adults, and don’t know what to do with it? I usually try to keep a few items from each school year from them, but why? When will they ever look at it.

Also, child on couch reading is EXACTLY what this room is supposed to be, the fact that he is in there means it’s comfortable enough (decluttered enough) that the kids are using the room again,l.

6 Likes

I unducked the bookshelf:

And started to cull:

Will still need to confirm with children and husband that the cull pile is acceptable. We have a little library in the front yard, so culled books can go there and I will post on the neighbourhood FB that if anyone is looking for books to give for Christmas, they should stop by and check out the Little Library before they go shopping.

7 Likes

I hear you! When I rearranged the folding rack I dried herbs on, I found 6 bags I hadn’t dealt with.

This shall be added to my list as well.

✓Thanks for the reminder that I have to do something with those 6 lunch bags… Done!

2 Likes

Weekend update

:white_check_mark:pull up corner of kitchen floor and level correctly this time
-touch up backsplash grout
:white_check_mark:laundry room—>kitchen floor transition install
:white_check_mark:sell/curb furniture items I don’t need in shed
:white_check_mark:cancel platinum card before I start getting charged the fee now
:white_check_mark:email back wedding planner about florists
-schedule meet ups while in town with photographer/DJ/ :white_check_mark:venue/baker
:white_check_mark:book flights for friend’s bachelorette party

Almost done with the original list, and it did help me get momentum going for other things I needed to do too! Woohoo!

Wedding planning isn’t my favorite.

I have a separate daily to-do list I’ve been writing each morning… of only things I am sure I can complete. So every now and then I jot down a reach to-do for the day, and then feel obligated to get it done because I have to retain the magic of writing it down=it will happen. Will see how long that lasts, until my brain figures out how to outsmart me.

5 Likes