:thinking::fire_extinguisher::heavy_check_mark:
:smiley:
:fire::fire::fire:
:anguished::-1:
:fire_engine:
:fire:
:sob:

10 Likes

Not loving the implications of this story, whether literal or metaphorical.

3 Likes

I don’t like the story but appreciate you have come around to emojis.

3 Likes

Okay my tasks

• quit day job
  • enroll in 2022 health insurance
  • lay out 2022 planner

New Job

• Pass midpoint exam with >85%
  • Schedule exam

Content

• deal with OMD podcast contract and tech issues for 2022
  • push subscribers to email list so I hit 1000 before 12/25
  • plan out Q1 + Q2 editorial calendar for OMD
  • publish one video
  • publish end of year blog posts
6 Likes

Thinking about it more, I am going to avoid “do major moving related things” on this thread. I mean, I’m not going to avoid DOING them, or at least making progress toward them. But I feel like tracking other little annoying tasks here:

• take hard drive out of old nonworking mac and take it in for recycling.
  • make overdue dentist appointment
  • cancel gym membership that I never use
  • OMG deal with changing over my cell phone service and get a new phone, WHY is this not done?!?
  • research how to salvage expiring AA miles as we likely will not travel by plane before June when they expire.
  • ETA: deal with all the herbs from the garden that I dried. “Deal with” can include “compost” or “give away” as I have more than 2 people can reasonably eat.
5 Likes

Sigh. I posted this in the wrong area. Attempt 2.

Safe play area for baby achieved!

Next up is finishing gazebo curtains.

7 Likes

Ok this is going to be a fun one. I’m emergency searching for a new job to start immediately in 2022 so I can leave current job. I am GOING to get this sticker.

• Every single paper/notebook from college years has to be scanned or just thrown away if useless.
  • I am not letting a single perishable food item in my fridge go to waste. I have so much gluten free flour on hand I will be surviving off home made pastries (could be fun)
  • I am going to earn at least $250 dollars on bike deliveries. This is the remaining amount before I hit the $600 taxable limit for 2021 for delivery contractors
  • I am going to sell as many useless to me items as I possibly can and moving into 2022 I’m becoming a minimalist.
  • Spending freeze. There’s nothing I have to buy between now and 2022 besides small gifts for Christmas and maybe food or bus pass (I can eat my pantry and ride my bike)
  • Cancel every subscription
9 Likes

Hdu steal my real-life experiences as fodder for your emoji story! :laughing: :sob:

Goals for December:

• Read 11 books (7 that I owned before 2021)
  • Get to decrease half of pink afghan
  • Send out holiday cards
  • Leave work team in an okay space before I take two weeks of vacation
  • Buy!plane!tickets!jesu!cristo!
  • Listen to favorite holiday music (madrigals here we cooooome)
  • Keep up running/stretching

I… maybe don’t got this? We’ll see :sob: :sob: :sob:

8 Likes

I was going to try and finish off some Bingo squares.

But now I think thats too hard, so I dont know what to do, but this is my list for now

• Donate plasma
  • read two books
4 Likes

Okay, I keep meaning to get back to this and either getting sidetracked or just falling asleep while catching up on other threads, but since it’s now Dec. 4 for me I’m both adding the list and updating it (the update part being currently uninspiring, but whatever).

Sometime this month:

• Finish painting that damn green room (down to the finicky edging bits which is why it keeps getting put off)
  • Hang new shelves in bathroom
  • Get final layer of stain on cabinet doors
  • Put together new shoe rack for back door
  • Add more insulation to top of door in from garage
  • Hang new(ish) art
  • Finish remaining shelves for bookshelf (need one more layer of sanding+stain)

Soon:

• Confirm all presents for relatives I’m visiting at Christmas will fit in suitcase or get them shipped (must happen this week)
  • Wrap and drop off gifts for nursing home through work program
  • Figure out where they hid the not-actually-Angel Trees this year and pick 2-3 ornaments
  • Decide if dishwasher offered by friend 1) fits and 2) is something I actually want

ETA: Accidentally posted while not quite finished and formatted weirdly, so fixing that

6 Likes

It’s not too late to join, right?! I want to finish my still-doable bingo goals…

• hang quilt
  • finish 2 more witchy nonfiction books and 1 more book by a BIPOC author
  • block and sew buttons on knit hoodie
6 Likes

I have collected all of the materials and equipment needed to do these next week.

3 Likes

Weekend update

Put out the items on the curb and they were GONE IN 30 MINUTES. I was in the backyard and didn’t hear one peep! Incredible. When I first moved I did a Big clean out of this house into a dumpster in the driveway, the next day any scrap metal in it was picked clean and I also didn’t hear a peep. Some sort of magical scavenger fairies…

7 Likes

Update one!

First, the ‘before’ photo.

This room currently contains our own two GPs, plus a pair of fosters. We almost always have a foster pair, our shortest turnaround was when one pair left at 2pm and the next pair arrived at 4:30 that evening.

All the children’s books are on the shelves in the closet, and both Kid1 and I use it as an office for evening zoom meetings (Scouts, Cadets, etc).

Wednesday I went to start purging and was quickly followed by Kid1. After booting him out many times (it’s not a big room, no one else was home and he just wanted to be where I was) I gave up and got the couch and background clean enough for his zoom cadet meeting. Thursday was a repeat of Wednesday. Friday, I had a day off and he did not so I was able to make progress and purge the extra GP gear. Because we take in fosters they often get surrendered with all their gear, so I have purged extra and broken water bottles, food dishes, etc.

Tidied the books on the shelf, but didn’t really sort or purge. Then the kids cleaned their rooms and re-stuffed the shelves with the extra books that were stashed in their rooms.

Didn’t have time to get into the second closet yet.

To break down the full list, rather than ‘clean GP room’

• clean out extra GP gear (done)
  • Clean and purge bookshelves. This is hard, we love books.
  • Clean second closet. This currently contains… Years of kids schoolwork, and will be a huge task.
  • put up a desk-height shelf in the second closet for the laptop to sit on. Wall-mount the extra monitor in the closet. The goal is to move the workstation into the closet and get the table out of there.
6 Likes

1st update 12/4

Cancelled subscriptions = +31.17/mo
Spotify, Hulu, and Prime cancelled or paused. $13.77 refund pending. The only thing I pay for is $1.99/mo for Google storage.

Rescheduled a haircut this month to February to put off the $50 expense.

Switched to save $100 on renter’s insurance in 2022.

Finally resolved a medical claim from last annual physical down to $0 from $144 after a few calls between the insurance and the doctor’s office.

Photos and shipping weights for 40 items I’m planning to sell (mostly media stuff). I still have more!
Listed all the sewing pattern collection and books on eBay.

Going across the city tonight and I’ll bike not bus.
Visiting another neighborhood tomorrow and again I’ll try to bike not bus.

9 Likes

I am removing “hang quilt” from my list, since I looked at the package again and it says to purchase drywall screws separately. We don’t have drywall screws and I don’t want to try to buy them. Maybe it will happen next year.

6 Likes

Updating since I actually got a few things done today–

3 Likes

This is done! Will take it to Best Buy this weekend.

1 Like

Making some good progress here :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I was trying to figure out actual words to describe my December goals. I think “endure,” and “don’t kill yourself” really sums it up.

I don’t gotta do shit well. All I gotta do is show up, try, and not die.

10 Likes