Caleb Hammer Financial Audit

Is anyone familiar with this dude? A lot of the titles are clickbait and his delivery is definitely pretty shock jock/rude at times but I have to admit I’m sucked in. Here’s the first episode that came across my YouTube recommendations.

2 Likes

Where is @allhat I miss her!! I think she’d get a kick out of this guy

5 Likes

I’ve seen a ton of his YT shorts. I’ll admit I hardly have the patience to watch a full video but I did watch the follow-up one he posted a few days ago. It was nice to see someone who took his advice seriously and was busting his ass to change his situation.

2 Likes

I watched a bunch! I think he does really well with you g adults! But older people he maybe doesn’t have enough life? Like really struggled to stay relevant for a family who chose kids.

3 Likes

Ooooo interesting. I tried to figure out if he has any credentials other than “got out of debt” himself, but came up empty

3 Likes

I want to like him, but I feel like he doesn’t really understand why they’ve gotten themselves into the situation and doesn’t give them enough tools for getting out. Telling someone who has been self soothing with takeout food to stop it isn’t really helping. If he was more ‘get 5 pizzas and put them in your freezer’ I think it would be some tactics people could get value out of.

He also likes to say that the person isn’t going to have any fun when he says that they have to spend money. I think that is a really unfortunate message.

But other people get value out of it, so I’m just not the target audience. On theatre weekend I ended up rewatching several of the Gail Vaz Oxlade shows, and those were meaningful to me at the time, but they give me the same slightly lower scale vibes that makes me feel uncomfortably catastrophe voyeur (like someone who is standard size watching the fat shaming shows?) so I had to stop.

5 Likes

Yeah I have a feeling I can’t watch much more—he needs to edit these down, first of all, and secondly he feels pretty sheltered from the experiences of his guests, like a single mom who knows she won’t get any child support from her ex, so why bother going to court, etc.

1 Like