Budgetober STICKERS GETTING SHIPPED - PLEASE FILL IN FORM 🎃👻🦇

My specific goal will be to set a budget for holiday gifts and stick to it!

5 Likes

Ok, here’s my October budget items:
$400 grocery budget.
$200 takeout budget.
Art, fun stuff, filming supplies must have equivalent income earned by freelancing or survey taking first.

6 Likes

We were just talking about doing a livestream about people’s planner/BuJo spreads for finance. Maybe I need to get your spread into that!

3 Likes

My plan for October is to start a sinking fund for my senior dog (I was toying with pet insurance but I feel this is the better option right now). I typically put about $500 a month into savings but I have been dipping into it. So my October plan for my $500 is:

• $100 sinking vet bill fund
    -$100 additional credit card payment
    -$300 savings

I’ve also been getting between $60-$120 per week for Rover day care and will be splitting that income between savings and extra debt payments.

8 Likes

I’m in! My goals are 1. make a “best guess” monthly budget and then 2. track to see if my guesses are grounded in reality. We’re in an expensive season of life with plenty of big stuff that isn’t under our control, so we’ll see how it stacks up.

2 Likes

I’m in! I need to build a budget to make progress towards some bigger goals. I am moving apartments mid-month, so my expenses now and my expenses after will definitely look different - it’d be good to have a baseline, at least, even if the moving expenses mean that my overall spending will be weird.
Halloween is an excuse to wear a costume AND a very chocolate-forward day (month). What’s not to like!

9 Likes

I’m in! I just started seriously budgeting in August and I can tell after two months, and a few hiccups this month especially, my attention is flailing. I’m hoping to stick with the budget I’ve made for the month and actually end up with the “extra” $200 that is supposed to be in my account at the end of the month to put towards some savings goals. I’ve budgeted it, instead of just letting it float and I’m hoping I won’t have to dip into any of the sinking funds to balance things this month. Also, I really like stickers so this might be excellent motivation.

my favourite thing about halloween is tiny things of candy and my niblings costumes.

4 Likes

OK, well I ended up just going back to Mint. Updating it seemed easier than starting something new. I was reminded of why I had let it languish while updating. I just hate it, that’s all. I am so resistant to tracking anything, ever. Even though it mostly does it for you. But I still find just fixing the categories of many of the transactions to be annoying. Oh, well. It’s really not a lot or too much. It’s just not a preferred activity for me, as they say.

So I’m getting it going, at least. It was a little shocking seeing our spending. Especially on food, damn! My family spends a ton on eating these days! Ihad to adjust my budget up in that category compared to a few years ago.

6 Likes

Tentative stuff
Food: $180, no restaurants
No vending machine at work. Please snack wisely.

Bike: will need maintenance, ummmm maybe just buy a new bike instead of paying for upkeep on a bike I don’t even like?

Concert tickets: probably $75 —not negotiable I need to attend

Clothing: do a proper winter clothes out of storage and re-org so I don’t buy stuff needlessly. Will definitely need a new pair of gloves or two though.

3 Likes

As we come up on October, I realized I’m taking the first two weeks off. So our budget goal is to stay within our rolling average for food, rather than using this as an excuse to eat out all the time. When we travel I make lunches and snacks for us to eat while we’re out and about, but often when we vacation at home I use that as justification to eat out all the time (since we aren’t paying for a hotel or air bnb).

1 Like

Loose budget: $250 for groceries (as I’m still building my pantry), $60 for restaurants (So I can potentially treat my mom).

Outside of that, in October, I actually want to spend on furnishing my apartment. Including:

• Get a queen sized Mattress
  • Get a queen sized Bedframe
6 Likes

I have a dolorous feeling that the government is going to shutdown, and whoops there goes gravity my paycheck. Which means my goal for Oct is not to die from a rage aneurism?

But in reality, I have a $3k line item coming due on 18-Oct. I’ve saved ~$1k, and I can cashflow another $1k without struggle. Goal for Oct is to reduce expenses to the point I can cashflow $1.5k.

6 Likes

I’m in for this challenge because I love that sticker. I used to set a budget each month using YNAB, but I used the software version and never migrated to the online. So lately I’ve just been tracking my spending.

I’ll create a budget for October. All I know right now is that total spending should not exceed $1,800.

6 Likes

My goals for October:

• $300 grocery budget (for two adults). We’re going to try out designating one of the credit cards for groceries so we can just check the balance to get an idea of where the spending for that category is at. We have a budget in theory but we don’t update it often enough, so we need something with closer to real time feedback.
  • Work out the details for the budget of our upcoming kitchen renovation. We have some ballpark numbers but it’s time to get specific.

My favorite thing about fall is the trees changing color, tied for drinking hot apple cider by a bonfire.

4 Likes

Decided that I do indeed want to jump in, because STICKER!

There are just three categories I’ll be particularly wanting to watch:

• Food (includes restaurants and groceries): $500. This is high in part because I’ll be traveling part of the month, and I have no idea how that’s gonna go food-wise
  • Recreation/health: $300. This includes anything hobby/activity related, like biking, hiking, etc.
  • Clothes: $300. My size has been changing, and there are probably gaps in my winter wardrobe that I’ve forgotten about lol

It’s still a lot of money for each category, but I’m trying to actually be realistic and succeed, rather than set a more ambitious goal and fail :sweat_smile: I think I don’t trust myself to actually follow a budget, and I’d like to change that

6 Likes

Well well well I just bought $175 concert tix :grinning:sososososi worth it

2 Likes

I DON’T WANT A STICKER NO STICKER NO NO NO STICKER.

6 Likes

All these people being like “my budget is so much!” And I’m over here like :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: yes. A lot. That amount. Um. Definitely.

10 Likes

I hate things. And people. And fun. Mostly I hate fun.

4 Likes

I don’t want stickers, but I loves me some forum badges.

4 Likes