Bringing Lunch Back

A friend once said, “always cut up the fruit.” Somehow it tastes better? And you eat it more readily?

3 Likes

I have learned so much from that site!

1 Like

sandwiches seemed successful today

2 Cubanos with ham (deli ends, lightly heated), pulled pork, gherkins, mayo, mustard, cheddar
1 turkey (did you know that it’s called turkey because the Europeans were confused about where they came from? see also why it is called ‘dinde’ in France) with apple chutney and mozzarella
1 beef & turkey with mayo, cheddar, slow roasted tomato, roast pepper
1 beef with horseradish mayo, cheddar, and roast pepper

6 Likes

God I love Cubanos.

2 Likes

Me too!!

1 Like

Made lunch for the week today! All fresh veg. ministrone soup (with potato, carrot, orichette, celery, green beans, kidney beans, cannellini beans, garlic, chicken stock, tomato puree, basil, salt, onion powder, parmesan) and I made these quick yeast rolls as a side.

2 Likes

My lunch for this week is Instant Pot risotto made with a mixture of Arborio rice and quinoa, leeks, garlic, kale, frozen peas, and lemon zest.

I make a lot of risotto in summer because it’s easy and pretty much whatever veg I put in it comes out delicious. I’ll have a piece of fruit on the side each day as well.

4 Likes

thank you - I took heavy inspiration from these flavours for my green beans and boiled egg on rice for dinner this evening.

2 Likes

Oh yay! :slight_smile: That sounds good.

1 Like

This is as much effort as I put into lunch. It was adequate. The view and being outside felt super nice.

7 Likes

My lunch is chips and hummus. My water is in the other room and I’m thirsty. Fuck the lunch experience.

7 Likes

I had chips, salsa, and cheese slices - the processed kind.

The freezer gods delivered tandoori spiced chicken, turned into a pilau with rice, mushrooms, peas, onions, garlic and tomato by the instapot god for the babe and boo

4 Likes

Husboo approved…babe needs me to cobble together a plan b. Yayyyy oatmeal?

2 Likes

My babies are huge and old and still have oatmeal as a backup when they don’t like a meal.

4 Likes

I’m a mum and you bet I still have oatmeal-equivalents when I can’t handle the meal on offer.

3 Likes

We also have the oatmeal ready. Or bread and butter. Generally anything bland and nutrient deficient is his go to.

1 Like

Yep.

3 Likes

hard boiled eggs were the backup my mom used, and I still use eggs (boiled, fried, omelette) as my backup.

I was talking about my knee with a coworker (she brought it up), who mentioned a friend had substantially reduced knee pain after eliminating eggs from her diet, and I was very sad about that idea.

4 Likes

you know all those recipes that call for the pasta to boil for 20 minutes and we’re aghast? This specialty pasta from the fancy Italian store needs 20 minutes because it is such a thick rag shape. I should have started it boiling earlier. I’m hungry.

Maybe I should eat an egg in the meantime :slight_smile:

5 Likes

One of my go-to between meal snacks is whole baked potatoes topped with stuff. Last night I had a baked potato with blue cheese, home grown padron peppers, and fresh jalapeños. Loaded potatoes are a great lunch option too!

4 Likes