Bringing Lunch Back

This is now the Sexy Lunch Thread.

Please share all your delicious lunches and exciting non-sexy lunch adventures.

6 Likes

Heck yes, very here for this change!

One of our favorite lunches is what we call “breakfast salad.”

Ingredients (per salad):

• The very best salad greens you can find
  • Two slices of bacon, crunched up
  • Sliced cherry toms
  • Fresh sourdough croutons. Make them kinda big–tear instead of cut for some extra crunch. All you really need to season them with is S&P
  • 7 minute soft-boiled egg. We’ve got this down to a science!
  • Quarter of an avocado
  • Simple maple Dijon lemon dressing

Now I want one.

6 Likes

…he licked his lips in anticipation of what was to come. A single drop of spicy satay sauce fell onto his tongue as he brought the thick firm but at the same time soft Vietnamese rice paper roll to his mouth. Wrapping his lips around it he took a bite, the delicious flavours exploded in his mouth…

11 Likes

Please don’t stop.

5 Likes

I’ll ruin it for you with this pun…I don’t think I have any more erotic flan fiction left in me.

9 Likes

If you think puns ruin it for her, you’re in for a wild ride

5 Likes

My entire fantasy life is based on erotic food puns.

4 Likes

Croutons are just toasted bread in pieces yeah?

(Not being snarky, I thought that croutons had to go stale to be croutons so was confused and then realized I was an idiot)

4 Likes

Typically older stale bread. Which is why I was confused as to how you ended up with almost stale sour dough? That stuff disappears fast around here.

2 Likes

Oh dang we are the same kind of spacey, this is why we are friends!!!

(Also genuinely guffawing at accidentally calling you an idiot while calling myself an idiot. Woops. Sorry pal.)

2 Likes

I think it’s like a poor people farm food thing? Use up old bread in the soup with the old vegetables and old horse.

2 Likes

agrodolce swiss chard stems
roast sweet potato
rice
walnuts
raisins
smoked tahini
lemon juice
fleur de sel

2 Likes

Yup. Fresh or stale both work!

2 Likes

In Quebec they have this thing called cretons which I’ve always declined, but for you I’ve just looked up exactly what it is. Don’t click https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretons

1 Like

Today I had rice and cabbage for lunch :smile: this recipe is so easy.

5 Likes

I have volunteered to make sandwiches tomorrow for 4, and tacos next weekend for 10-12.
I fear I am setting myself up for failure. At least with the tacos it’s mostly giving people several choices.

5 Likes

Sometimes lunch is just whatever I have time to stuff in my face, but good lunches are delicious food, a good read, abs maybe even a short nap. I take the full hour.

Best food: pan fried dumplings (from frozen), frozen burrito :burrito:, salad (in the right mood), sandwich or wrap with a cup of tea. Human likes fancy nutritious ramen. If available, reheated fried rice topped with fried egg. I’ve noticed that what really elevates lunch for me is having a side. Apple slices, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, strawberries. Something to munch while finishing a chapter or article.

7 Likes

Also, when I get bored of lunch, it helps to ask what I would go out to lunch FOR if I could. A sandwich heaped tall on crusty bread with a balsamic drizzle? California rolls? A bagel pizza? You can make most things at home (or from frozen) for cheaper, but may need to splurge on 1-2 ingredients that really dress it up for you (crusty bread, the good lunchmeat/cheese, chips, pickles, idk).

7 Likes

Yes, the fancy ingredient (or 3) is key, as is rotating them. Once you finish using up Fancy Ingredient, take a break so it doesn’t become Standard Ingredient.

4 Likes

Woks of Life is the beeeeeeest

2 Likes