Book Club

Yes! I have some absolutely cracking hydrology and fluid mechanics text books we could recommend. Although, a monthly text book would send everyone broke.

5 Likes

Just for you, PDM, I’ll host a month of science books :rofl: I promise everyone else they won’t be completely dry! (Nor will they be textbooks).

3 Likes

I sense some Mary Roach in our future!

1 Like

I hadn’t heard of her :star_struck: new author to binge on!

3 Likes

Oh, she’s a fantastic science communicator! Well known for Stiff (the science behind cadavers), Bonk (the science behind sex), Packing for Mars (the science we’ll need to get off this planet), and Gulp (the science of digestion).

3 Likes

Greyweld lacks patience.

3 Likes

Also was totally not paying attention to this convo but Mary Roach ended up in my list :laughing:

2 Likes

Im in!

2 Likes

I’m interested too!

And I use “does the dog die.”

Also - I get all books from the library, so hopefully we can choose books with enough lead time on the super new and trendy books for my hold request to come through. Or read things that are not shiny and brand new.

3 Likes

I’m in, I need to get my bingo goal of 52 books so I’m all open to new titles! Although I’m hoping I can rely on the library so I may dip in and out on each month depending on availability.

3 Likes

Yay! Thanks for getting April started.

1 Like

Heck yes I’m in!

2 Likes

@haypug16 I am happy to host in July or August. I’m away in June so can’t do that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! I can host for June. @haypug16

2 Likes

I want to participate but don’t want to committing to host anything at this time. Is that ok? If not it’s all good.

6 Likes

I think this is 100% okay.

2 Likes

Has anyone volunteered for May yet?

Edit: Because if not, I can host!

1 Like

Book club newbie question: what does hosting entail?

2 Likes

that is totally fine!

Yup I got May. We have Hosts through July. Do you want to take August?

1 Like