Book Club

Im in!

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested too!

And I use ā€œdoes the dog die.ā€

Also - I get all books from the library, so hopefully we can choose books with enough lead time on the super new and trendy books for my hold request to come through. Or read things that are not shiny and brand new.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in, I need to get my bingo goal of 52 books so Iā€™m all open to new titles! Although Iā€™m hoping I can rely on the library so I may dip in and out on each month depending on availability.

3 Likes

Yay! Thanks for getting April started.

1 Like

Heck yes Iā€™m in!

2 Likes

@haypug16 I am happy to host in July or August. Iā€™m away in June so canā€™t do that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! I can host for June. @haypug16

2 Likes

I want to participate but donā€™t want to committing to host anything at this time. Is that ok? If not itā€™s all good.

6 Likes

I think this is 100% okay.

2 Likes

Has anyone volunteered for May yet?

Edit: Because if not, I can host!

1 Like

Book club newbie question: what does hosting entail?

2 Likes

that is totally fine!

Yup I got May. We have Hosts through July. Do you want to take August?

1 Like

Absolutely!

1 Like

Start a thread titled ā€œMonth you are hositngā€ Bookclub at least 2 weeks before start of the month.

edited to add **actually maybe that should be the start of the month prior to when you host otherwise there is not much time to vote and then get the book before the start of the month

Create a poll (I have never done this but I know that it can be done) listing 4 books for people to vote on. See rules in first post

Once voting is over change title to ā€œMonth you are hostingā€ Bookclub - ā€œName of Bookā€

You can decide how the discussion goes from there. Weekly discussions on sections of the book or just start talking about it as you finish or any other format you want.

4 Likes

You have been added to the list

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I was about to ask if we could put the list in the top post, but youā€™re ahead of me!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be September!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll claim October! :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes