Birding

6 Likes

These are some excellent bird photos!

1 Like

night herons! these guys loved to flock on the quad at my university and make creepy sounds in the middle of the night

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

6 Likes

we brought the big lens and the doubler. This is a scarlet tanager. It was very high up.

9 Likes

unsure who is giving the cheeky side eye - some kind of vireo Merlin says

3 Likes

tree swallow would like you to take note of the swoop

6 Likes

I used to see Scarlet Tanagers when I was a kid but haven’t in a very long time now. Beautiful.

1 Like

I was lucky that a fellow birder let us know that the bright red wasn’t a cardinal - it was high enough up that we couldn’t easily tell. I took two dozen shots to get that single one.

and two more that the camera did its best, and I’m sure a photoshop wizard could get something useable from, but I love in their rawness.

DSCF4025 copy

8 Likes

Loving all the shots you share here.

4 Likes

Thanks. I enjoy taking the photos, but knowing that I have a place to share them and people enjoy them is certainly a motivator to attempt more challenging shots.

6 Likes

takes note of the swoop, swoons

1 Like

I enjoy seeing all these birds i don’t know!

1 Like

Going back to December photos from Auckland zoo

6 Likes

such personality

8 Likes

I love zebra finches and it’s so good to see them in a more naturalistic habitat. I had pet zebra finches for a while but stopped after my last bird passed because they’re such active, curious birds that I couldn’t bear keeping them in a cage.

3 Likes

Waxwing, catbird, gadwell

ETA: I feel like the waxwing is very bandit, and the catbird is fashion. Gadwell is quiet luxury.

7 Likes

7 Likes