Anti-Oppression Content and Discussion

8 Likes

Yeah, definitely. It’s implied but could definitely be made explicit

1 Like

Absolutely! Found family is so much better anyways.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some really good content for TDOV but it’s mostly multiple screenshot posts. This one really captures what a lot of folks I know are saying this year.

3 Likes

This is a wonderful example of malicious compliance :purple_heart:

6 Likes

The pandemic was a great time for my egg to crack and begin my transition! I’ve made a lot of friends with a similar timeline to mine :transgender_flag:

7 Likes

This was basically my sibling’s crew. It was kinda awesome.

4 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

Twitter thread behind the cut. TL;DR is that the fight over trans right is the proverbial canary in the coal mine and more people should be actively our allies in this. In so many ways, oppression is all the same enemy, just different fronts of fhe same war.

Summary

Hopefully these post roughly in order

5 Likes

It’s all transphobes, not just TERFs.

2 Likes

I’d make the same choice. Fatphobia is with me all the time, whereas since I cut my family of origin out of my life, I’ve had very little transphobia directed at me in person - just exposure to it online and in the news.

7 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

Awwwww

2 Likes

Saying out loud what an awful lot of assholes in office want to do if they can

3 Likes

3 Likes

I really love this classic Ask Amy for situations like this. Just a beautiful application of sarcasm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/ask-amy-parent-pressures-gay-son-to-change/2013/11/12/a46984d0-4815-11e3-bf0c-cebf37c6f484_story.html

4 Likes