Abortion Resources Thread

Pulled an ad for one of those fake anti-choice “clinics” off a bathroom wall at the college today.

I was falsely imprisoned in one of those in the late 80s for about 45 minutes when I went in to monitor their practices for a pro choice group. They locked me in a tiny room with a scare video, and no one responded at all to my knocking and yelling and wanting out until the video ended.

8 Likes

A hero among us!

This Thread on the MMM forum has good information on how to increase data privacy. The thread was triggered by the fact that Brokers are selling data in some who visit Planned Parenthood offices.

7 Likes

Of course they are.

Makes me want to turn on my data for a change and take my menopausal self to some clinics.

2 Likes

The New York Times published an article: Bracing for the end of Roe v. Wade, the White House considers executive orders.

It’s behind a paywall, but NYT does offer a few free articles each month, or perhaps a kind person with a subscription could share the gift link.

4 Likes

Gift link: Bracing for the End of Roe v. Wade, the White House Weighs Executive Actions - The New York Times

5 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

2 Likes

Well, it’s done.

5 Likes

I just got the notification, too.

1 Like

A reminder - if you live in a state with a trigger law, abortion is still legal until the law is actually triggered (although they are essentially automatic, -eta: in some states- there are administrative procedures that have to happen to actually enact them, they probably vary by state but essentially the legislature’s legal counsel has to certify that the decision does in fact meet the criteria for the trigger provision that is in the law).

Also eta: - Kentucky, Louisiana, and South Dakota automatically went into effect without certification, @rural says Missouri has certified.

If you’re in Utah and need an abortion, get in touch and I can keep you updated on the status as the law goes through certification and injunctions are filed against it.

Also, if your job needs draft HR policy language around a policy that provides funds for employees that need to travel out of state, I can send you some.

15 Likes

Already done in Missouri, apparently so they could brag they were the first.

5 Likes

I just sent money to https://www.ineedana.com/ and to several abortion funds. Ordered generic Plan B for students who may need it. I put out a bunch of pregnancy tests (and menstrual products) in women’s restrooms on campus yesterday.

13 Likes

Protest locator: We Won't Go Back | Events Map

6 Likes

Time to gear up for a long, long fight. The christian right has been fighting for 50 years, and I suspect the bodily autonomy fight will take just as long. The future isn’t inscribed. It depends on you.

13 Likes

My state has government funding to get people here for abortions, and I have a place to stay in Portland, Oregon that is less than a mile from planned parenthood.

13 Likes

The last planned Parenthood appointment in my state is on the 25th. I can drive anyone to Chicago no questions asked. Pass word along to any Midwesterners you may know.

15 Likes

Someone higher up at my work is asking the DEI group if we know of any educational resources that would be beneficial to share. Do you or anyone else on this thread have resources like that? Edit: there’s clarification that they’re going to focus more on what the overturn means from a legal standpoint.

I’m also planning to ask if they’re covering funds for employees of their family members covered by our insurance that need to travel out of state.

2 Likes

Ugh, I know. I committed to three women I grew up with there to provide them all accommodations and travel to get to my state and get services (we’re still good here, no trigger laws) should they need it at any point. I hope these types of small things help.

Sending love to everyone. I found out it was overturned by a man shouting it at me on the street and asking for my opinion while calling me “woman”. I probably should have punched him in the junk but I was so shocked and confused (and unsure if it was true or if he was just crazy) that I just kept walking.

14 Likes

What the actual fuck, re that dude?!

2 Likes

I think he was with an advocacy group or a media outlet.

6 Likes