So I’m probably very dumb.
But here is a thread to talk about personal finance, student loan forgiveness, taxes, health care, economics, or other policies of the candidates for the 2020 US Presidential Election.
WE ARE GONNA BE NICE because that’s how we are on OMD.
- talk about the issues, not candidate’s hairstyles, outfits, how they eat a hot dog, or the blanket “electability”
- focus on issues related to personal finance and economics
- do not attack people for their opinions
- do not make assumptions about other posters, come from a place of empathy always
- absolutely do not take any discussions about politics into DMs or people’s journals unless specifically invited
I am an extremely hands-off moderator, but I will close and lock this thread and throw away the key if people are mean or the discussion isn’t being productive.
(also it’s totally fine for non-US folks to tune in to ask questions or give outside perspective! This election affects you, too, because of hegemony).