21 in 2021 Challenge: Save $21,000

We have a dec 31 paycheck I’m waiting for and it’s killing me :joy:

7 Likes

Same here.

4 Likes

I’m glad someone else shares and understands the struggle here

3 Likes

Same! The 31st is a 1/2stat for us, so I’m HOPEFUL it’ll land on the 29th or 30th!

5 Likes

good idea @turtlegirl , $477.72 transferred over

I officially saved $50000 in 2021 :money_mouth_face:

that feels like a crazy amount to me

12 Likes

Ha! Perfect number!

1 Like

:partying_face: that’s amazing! Go you!

1 Like

Me three and usually it is the same but I quit 4 days before the end of the month but have 68 hours of leave accrued that have to be paid out so I dunno what it will be :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m stupidly close to a new net worth round number so I’m checking rather compulsively.

8 Likes

:rotating_light:Reminder! Please fill in this form and you will have your glorious sticker mailed if you haven’t already.

If you’re up for participating for 2022, here it is - actually slightly scaled down so that we don’t inflate by $1000 every single year:

22 in 2022 Challenge: Save $20,220

3 Likes

December Check In. I know we hit the goal at the end of November, but I wanted to finish out tracking the year.

Mortgage Principal: $1507.81
Pension: 1161.59
TFSA: 1000.00

Total Savings in December 3669.40

Year to date savings $46922.26

Still no backpay from the employer! Although the raise went into effect mid-December

2021 Final Numbers:
Mortgage Principle:$15,539.01
TFSA: $12,000
Pension: $9883.25 (this is my contributed half, which means that the employer also contributes an equal amount which I didn’t count. Also, husband has a pension but the likelihood of him being able to locate a pay stub is slim)
RESP Kid1: $5000 (we are behind. His limit for 2022 will be $4900 then he’s got his lifetime grant)
RESP Kid2: $2500 (he’s younger, and was caught up in 2020)
RDSP Kid1: $2000 (caught up on this now also, going forward the limit will be $1000)

6 Likes

@anomalily
It took only 7 days for the letter to Germany, this is good timimg.
Thank you for sending this cute stickers :grinning:

5 Likes

Ohhh much faster than the Australians!

2 Likes

I sent all my Overseas Christmas cards at rhe same time. Germany got them quickest, then UK, then USA and then Canada. It was odd

2 Likes

The bikes that pedal the German mail must be very fast!

2 Likes

Canada was a month later than Germany

2 Likes

I think australia had blocked mail to Canada for awhile?

2 Likes

We blocked mail from a bunch of places with Covid19 controls, I didnt think we stopped sending them stuff. but maybe?

Nowadays there using mostly eBikes :biking_man:

5 Likes

For the previous year challenges I would go back over the month and then calculate the amount I had saved. This year I got smart and started a spread sheet to track savings instead so I can easily glance at the total. It’s like Captain Obvious made an appearance at my house one day lol.

5 Likes