2023 BINGO: A choose-your-own-goals challenge

I made a bingo card using the link above. I saved it to a PDF, which is the only way I found to get it out of the website. How do I post it here and make changes?

You can probably open the PDF on your phone and take a screenshot. Your phone will then usually let you edit the picture so you can cross things off. I think when I used it at one point I either took a screenshot or right clicked the image on the website and download the image or something.

Here goes:

I have it in a document now as well so I can cross off things as I finish them. Iā€™m learning.

5 Likes

I finished one goal today. I went to the Bashaā€™s Native American free museum, or the Eddie Basha Collection of Western and American Indian Art, as it is actually called. Really interesting place, free, and I recommend it if anyone is in the Phoenix/Chandler, AZ area.

At this point I cannot cross off just one square on my image. Iā€™ll work on it.

7 Likes

Is this correct?

5 Likes

Iā€™m considering that I may have been too ambitious with two goals: the 500 hours outside and the 100 days without social media.

I might change the social media to 52 but I have a lot less of an idea of what my normal number of hours outside in a year is. Like I might just leave it and try? On warmish days here weā€™ve been getting out for 2 25 minute walks and that tends to go up in warmer months, either in walk frequency or duration.

6 Likes

One of my (non-Bingo) goals last year was to track how much time I spend outside, because I really had no idea. But what gets tracked gets managed, so it also got me out of the house more. I ended the year at 962/1034 (depending on what counts as outside) and am guessing Iā€™d have been about 750 ā€œnormallyā€.

5 Likes

@Greyweld Yes! Can you explain how you did that in a paragraph? Or Iā€™ll play for awhile and try to duplicate it.

Monday Iā€™ll finish a second goal, hopefully, the 31st, Iā€™ll do the mammogram. Progress will slow down after that.

3 Likes

So I downloaded the image and opened it in my phone. I then had to open the image in camera mode, because at least on Android thatā€™s where the edit features are. From there I clicked edit, and thereā€™s a markup option that just lets you mark on the screen.

Unfortunately, I donā€™t know if it will work super different with a different phone.

2 Likes

Some progress!

First accomplished goal was to make my favorite Thai dish - drunken noodles. I tried 2 recipes, fucking up the first in 2 ways but realizing if I didnā€™t do it half-asleep, it would be a super fast fix to my primary craving.

The second was overall delicious, though I had slightly overcooked the noodles.

Picture proof:

Second was to tidy up my office. My goal was not perfection - getting the trim leaning against a wall and the flooring sitting in a corner unseen in the coming pictures used in completing 2 year in progress projects is a different goal on the board.

The goal here was to have it be easy at any given moment to sit at my desktop to play games, setup my laptop or the sewing machine on the other table to work, or the piano to practice, and to not have tripping hazards and documents littering the floor.

The horrendous not even before picture, but partway through pic (though admittedly it got worse before it got better)

And after:

11 Likes

Looks so good!

Wow! You made a huge difference and now you get to enjoy your more chill space!

1 Like

Oops! I made mine, but I think I forgot to post it here :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I know Iā€™m really late! I have been making this card since December, but I had a pretty bad depression relapse and couldnā€™t bring myself to make any goals. So thatā€™s why making and posting this card is a goal!

It took me so long to finish the card that Iā€™ve already finished a couple of the early-made goals, again I hope thatā€™s ok.
Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 4.11.18 PM

9 Likes

I still havenā€™t done mine!

And I still havenā€™t done mine, either.

Love the 666 days Duolingo goal :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I have done 2 of my goals, 3 altogether. I had my mammogram and I had my Primary Care Physician yearly visit. Took 3 tries to give the blood needed for the yearly tests. Tomorrow I go to the Passport Application Acceptance Center and send in the paperwork to get a new passport. Mine expired and then I lost it in a move. Hasnā€™t surfaced yet, and Iā€™m traveling end of May. Iā€™ll post a new version of the bingo card with the checked boxes when life settles down.

1 Like

Felt like updating with progress so far, even though I havenā€™t officially crossed any of these off yet!

Joining with a mix of easy and difficult goals. The running ones may need to be altered over the summer depending on how procedure recovery goes (not sure how many weeks Iā€™ll need to take off of running, hopefully just 1 month). Iā€™ll draw up a prettier board in my journal, but hereā€™s the starting point:

intentionally didnā€™t include a free space. Secret is related to a gift Iā€™m working on. Get a hair cut is short for ā€œget a haircut near where you live instead of waiting six months to visit your old hairdresser who is several states awayā€. Similar idea for the schedule eye appointment one. Itā€™s 2/19 and I still havenā€™t hit that 7 day stationery no spend just to illustrate the difficulty level there- kind of hoping now that itā€™s a bingo square Iā€™ll be able to stick to that and build some momentum.

3 Likes