2020 BINGO -- A choose-your-own-goals challenge

I am enjoying those baking goals! :grinning:

1 Like

OH CRAP! It’s almost 2020. Okay, okay, okay, I think I’ve picked semi-realistic enough goals. Some are going to be easy, some are going to be hard. Some are very dependent on being healthy, so hopefully I haven’t jinxed myself.

I put Leave No Trace as my free spot because it’s something I really care about and always do. And hopefully @Oro doesn’t mind that she’s included in my card!

5 Likes

Don’t forget, if life changes you get a chance to re-do as much of your board as you haven’t finished during the year!

3 Likes

Here’s my card! I put an easy one in the center, just cause. I put pay off a credit card on there twice because it would be nice to pay off two. Definitely a mix of difficulty levels here, so we’ll see what happens! I can’t think of prizes to contribute right now, but I can probably come up with something. Excited to be playing!

5 Likes

The center is usually a FREE spot - you’ve actually given yourself one “bonus” task! Love the color!

1 Like

Updated my board:

1 Like

gahhhhhhhh I was going to do a bingo board but i have not made one yet. scrambling, scrambling.

3 Likes

There’s a rule for this!

2 Likes

Oooh, start seeds indoors is one I possibly should have put on mine. That’s a good one.

2 Likes

It’s 2020 somewhere! At least for my Australian peeps, right?

Discussion time: Is there a goal you have that you think will take most of the year of consistent effort? Do you have any tips for maintaining such effort? What’s your plan?

My goal I feel will be hard-won is the 10k. I have an inkling of a goal of a half marathon, but I was too chicken to put it on my BINGO board. My plan is to run every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday, generally. I’ve signed up for a race series, of which the first is January 11, the last is… late February? The last one is 10k in distance, but my friend who goaded me into signing up assures me that I am totes allowed to walk it. But training to at least finish with walking will get me a kickstart in training to actually run the entire distance eventually.

3 Likes

Maintain fitness during the campaign, and my therapy goal of reducing reactivity to certain triggers.

For the first, in theory plan is take up HIIT and get a job where I’m not surrounded by snacks. That job is hard to find in politics. Therapy plan is continue weekly sessions, homework, and individual readings.

4 Likes

My e-fund goal will take the majority of the year because I just don’t make enough to throw a bunch of money in it while also throwing a large chunk into retirement. My e-fund is also currently my sinking fund. So it’s a very slow build for me. I might have set the bar too high, but we’ll see!

3 Likes

Hallo, it’s 2020!

My fitness goals could take me all year, or could take me a few months. It depends on how much effort I can spend on it. I haven’t ridden my bike in 3 years, and I want to ride a 12k round trip to my sister’s. I can’t do anything towards my pull up/ push up/ handstand goals until I see my physio, so that’s #1 task for January :slight_smile:

But then, my admin tasks like getting a will could take months of sustained effort to get us organised OR it could take a week of effort to find a lawyer and write it out. Depends on how helpful Ponder is.

3 Likes

Yeah, same. My running friend assures me that it is possible I’ll be running 10k at once by February. Likewise, climbing a V4 could happen next week if I find one that is just right for my strengths or it could happen in December. Or I could fail at it altogether. NOBODY KNOWS!

But that’s why we’re doing BINGO – we don’t have to do everything we aspire to, which allows us to aim high.

3 Likes

Heh, I may not have aimed high enough? But if I do get it all I can make a more ambitious one!

3 Likes

Allows, not requires :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

A couple of these are already sort of partially done, in-progress things (eg. I have partial Italian and Polish trees in DL) but it still will take some considerable effort to complete them and need the motivation. And, hilariously, because I randomized them, selling my house ended up in the center square. (Selling my house won’t happen until probably May/June if I don’t freak out and chicken out altogether?)

5 Likes

Slightly updated…

B I N G O
Replace ancient carpet Take an art class Camp in 3 state parks Visit Wildlife center Do a volunteer trail day
Lead a hike Make a 2021 calendar from photos Go XC skiing Give birthday cards to 3 people Meditate every day for a month
Host a gathering at my house Eat & empty chest freezer FREE Spend <$250 on groceries in a month Take yoga anatomy course
Complete Beg Yoga class notebook Volunteer at a shelter event Submit pic of Lil Bug to cat calendar contest Lead a mountain bike ride Try 4 new vegetarian recipes
Travel to East Coast Make mozzarella from scratch Attend a concert Install solar panels if practical Go on a date
3 Likes

I made my bingo board today but I’m having trouble uploading it on my phone. Will update here when I figure it out or get onto a computer but promise it is done!

3 Likes