Why I Can't Have Frugal Fashion (Plz help!)

@Pbkmaine all this time I thought you lived in Maine!

2 Likes

Me too. I want a basics + treasure wardrobe!

5 Likes

LOL. I was in Maine when I started participating and never bothered to change my user name.

3 Likes

OK, relatedly…where do y’all go treasure hunting, then? :thinking::heart_eyes:

1 Like

For inspiration, I use characters I like on TV and the runway!

I google to find the items and then maybe similar looks that are cheaper.

Then I usually use ThredUp, Poshmark, or eBay to find that stuff.

Then I never buy it. :star_struck:

5 Likes

I’ve been really liking Eileen fisher - high quality basics that I find flattering (ie not a close fit) in quality natural materials. Widely available on poshmark and their in-house resale (renew). Looks like they go up to 46.5” hips and 54” bust so could be better in that category though.

4 Likes

Back when irl shopping was a thing, Meg was on my list of “I want one of these someday.” Weird silhouettes and interesting shapes. Theoretically not size inclusive at all, based on their online size chart, but a lot of the styles are oversized and the shop staff would actually tailor things for you and pin things up as you were trying things on. It would’ve been expensive but they were on my wishlist for “someday when I have a fancy speaking gig / event / etc”.

2 Likes

omg i love this

5 Likes

I follow too many cute fat ladies on Instagram and am often influenced when I see something cute. Like I saw someone wearing a cute Big Bud Press-ish jumpsuit from Target and I got one and it fit me perfectly so I got another color too, only $35 and makes me feel so cute.

I am also a huge fan of Universal Standard for basics like nice sweaters and undershirts, and I love Zuri dresses because they are somehow basic and special at the same time. Zuri doesn’t do sales but can probably be found on Poshmark and the like.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Yes, I know this is an old topic. But I just found these:

https://[www.youtube.com/watch?v=KInzClttBZ4]

5 Likes

Great video - thanks!

1 Like

Oh no lol you deleted it!

You’re welcome. Actually, there were TWO videos…

Should be fixed! (I hope.)

There’s also this: