The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread

I love the idea of reciprocal IVF because it doesn’t put all the burden on one person the way traditional IVF does. Needles for everyone!

5 Likes

And then we’d both have a bio connection to the kid :face_holding_back_tears:

Definitely some pros, but the cons:

• Wife did the day 3 testing a year and a half ago, so I bet they’d make her redo it + do an HSG. I’m thinking those results would determine med protocol, so prob would add at least another month? She has a regular cycle so theoretically everything is happening as it should, but there could be curve balls.
  • Her AFC was in the 30s when they measured it last year, so I’m worried she would be in OHSS range and have a rough go of it.
  • We wouldn’t switch donors, so it would mean I’d be carrying an Asian American kid. I’d be worried it might add to their resentment, make them feel even more different from other kids, etc. It’s tempting to think we’ll just love them and that will be fine, but my friend who is a therapist who specializes in working with cross-racial adoptees has seen differently. So idk! I know most/all kids resent their parents for something, but I don’t want to create new problems for them.

So, who knows! We’ll seeeee. I am sick of thinking and would just like my baby, please.

8 Likes

So do you think if I just complain on the internet enough times, I’ll miraculously get a baby somehow?

[This post brought to you by CD40 and another negative “just in case” pregnancy test.]

9 Likes

I think I’m going to have to start tracking at least a little again; just OPKs because I’ve only missed one surge with them, and I can infer from progressive darkening and lightening when I missed it.

I’m going to do my damndest to ignore these as an indicator to stress about sex. I more just like, don’t know when to take my progesterone otherwise, because I’ve had O anywhere from CD 12 to 17 (20 once but that was after loss so expected later).

Unless someone has a smart idea on when to start taking it without knowing. It seems ideally would be 2-3 days after ovulation. But that’s anywhere from CD 14-20 and if I haven’t ovulated yet it could fuck it up?

3 Likes

My first OB had my start on CD21. Idk if the figuring was that would be post implantation and maybe it doesn’t make a big difference before that? No idea. Wasn’t an RE. But thought I’d share :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Ugh I’m feeling pregnant in all the unfun ways. Nausea and slower digestion and burping plus fun insomnia that comes around about 4 hours into sleep.

But also negative test yesterday. But if I’d ovulated late enough for sex to result in pregnancy I’d have been a max of like 11 dpo? Assuming that the day after ovulation can technically be a fertile day.

Trollgesterone yo. I’m betting on it because that’s what it’s been the last three times I got my hopes up.

5 Likes

This is my plan! It has to work at some point.

@Greyweld you are taking the supplemental progesterone now, right? This stuff is bananas, I have never felt more pregnant in my life. My last dose this month is this am and I can’t wait to feel like myself tomorrow.

5 Likes

+1 to the wild surely-I-must-be-pregnant feeling that supplemental progesterone brings. My RE has me start taking progesterone three days after a positive opk, and I’ll get the progesterone side effects early enough that it’s impossible for it to be anything other than the progesterone. I try to remind myself multiple times a day that it’s all just trollgesterone, but there’s always a part of my brain that refuses to listen and is just convinced that I’m pregnant.

I’ve ovulated as early as CD14 and as late as CD24, so I find it helpful to use opks so that I know when to take progesterone. But ymmv and it may be worth a call/message to your doctor asking when they want you to start progesterone if you don’t want to use opks.

5 Likes

It’s such a scam. And it can vary from month to month, like this month I had way stronger side effects and had to keep reminding myself it didn’t mean anything? So rude of bodies.

6 Likes

*curled up in a hotel bed reading these with a Nalgene of hot water because I didn’t bring my hot pack traveling and there is no microwave anyway. *

Everyone is asleep but cramps woke me up.

Also not fun with mild altitude sickness.

7 Likes

Yup body revealed it is in fact trollgesterone today. Lucky me I bleed through progesterone supplements. I guess at least that means I don’t have to take pregnancy tests at least.

9 Likes

Documenting that I’m low-key losing it. Apparently 1.5 years is the milestone where I lose my dang mind. Big picture fine, but dang! Hope things get better once the progesterone is fully out of my system.

12 Likes

Progesterone is such an asshole. Godspeed in getting that out of there. Ugh, I’m about to start taking it again in the not-too-distant future and I am NOT looking forward to that AT ALL.

4 Likes

Nooo I just wish babies for us with as minimal extra hormones as possible, please.

4 Likes

Yeah whenever I start progesterone I almost start to be afraid of getting pregnant because the combo of my normal LP hormones and the extra progesterone makes me think MY LIFE IS OUT OF CONTROL AND TOO COMPLICATED IM GOING TO RUN AWAY AND BECOME A SWAMP WITCH

then I get my period and stop taking it and I’m level headed again.

6 Likes

The thing that’s getting to be the hardest for me is watching my friends’ and relatives’ kids grow and seeing the close resemblance. And knowing that that particular thing might not be in the cards for me. I mean, I might not get a kid at all, which would be the worst, but the chances are looking slimmer and slimmer that, even if I do, I’ll be able to see my own childhood reflected in their face and experience flickers of memories of my own innocence. It’s something to grieve, which I guess I am doing in my own time at my own pace, slowly, heavily, like trying to roll a fist-sized rock off my chest by blowing on it.

My life never had much innocence in it. I learned too much too young. I guess I hoped I’d get a chance to do better for the next generation and, at the same time, taste some of that secondhand sweetness in my life.

CD45 and counting.

13 Likes

Apparently, it was just waiting until I got to the airport and had my menstrual cup buried so deep in a suitcase that I just gave in and bought $8 airport tampons. Because of course it was.

10 Likes

AH yes. The travel version of white pants. Wonderful :grimacing:

5 Likes

Oh my god, and it has arrived forcefully!

Summary

I was woken up TWICE last night by my cup running over, the first time making a horrible mess in the hotel bed, and I had the sense to put a towel down before the second time.

And I’m like hair-trigger wildly emotional. Things that have made me tear up in the past 24 hours:

• The flight attendants announcing an 87-year-old’s birthday
  • The cuteness of several random babies
  • That a band was playing inside the airport
  • Listening to a New Orleans playlist that Flamingo made me in 2014 as I walked to the conference in the morning sunshine
  • Birds
13 Likes

Can supplemental progesterone change your cycle timing for the cycle that follows? Probably no, right?

I have a year+ of data where I was surging on days 11-14, and my last two (following progesterone cycles) have been on day 10 or day 8. Caught a surge tonight, so I’m either getting a surprise IUI tomorrow on day 9 or we’ll scrap it if my follicle isn’t where it should be, I guess? Weird!

4 Likes