Spend my HSA or use it as investment fund?

Oh great, one of my old HSAs is with Optum…

2 Likes

Hey! So this one time an old 401k switched custodians, but they didn’t send out the notification mailing, so I woke up to something like 100k POOF GONE from Fidelity and no one i called could tell me wtf was happening. I went through and had to change all my passwords and shit. It ended fine, but Jesus fuck i was stressed for about a week trying to figure out where the money went.

6 Likes

The transfer was supposed to go through on the 12th. It is now the 18th. There is still no money. The only status on Fidelity’s end is giving me dating flashbacks.

Time for another fun afternoon calling Optum and Fidelity! Sooo so glad I embarked on this transfer to make my life easier :joy:

11 Likes

Oh noooooooo

GUESS WHAT MY MONEY IS STILL IN THE ETHER.

Reminder to call these fuckers AGAIN tomorrow.

4 Likes

I AM LOSING MY CHILL PEOPLE.

I called Fidelity, confirmed they haven’t gotten the check.

Called Optum, started speaking with a representative, got put on hold, somehow ended up at the beginning of the automated phone tree, jabbed *********** until I got to someone else, VERY POLITELY told them I’ve been trying to get this transferred for THREE MONTHS, and now they need to cancel the check and reissue a new one, LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD THE LAST TIME I SPOKE TO THEM.

INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY DOING THAT, they CREATED A CASE FILE TO GO FIND THE CHECK # AND SEE WHEN IT WAS ISSUED???

WHY DO THEY NOT KNOW THE FUCKING CHECK NUMBER.

Someone is ALLEGEDLY going to follow up with me in THREE TO FIVE BUSINESS DAYS.

Twenty thousand dollars, y’all. I AM VERY STRESSED I DON’T KNOW IF YOU CAN TELL.

7 Likes

I AM CALLING THEM BACK AND SPEAKING WITH A MANAGER.

7 Likes

I think you should file a BBB complaint which will likely get it escalated very quickly!

2 Likes

If it’s financial stuff, CFPB (consumer financial protection bureau) usually gets a response quickly, although it’s mostly been credit card stuff I’ve contacted them for…not sure if they cover HSAs specifically, but money transfers are definitely on their list of things you can contact them about.

5 Likes

I did get it escalated on my second call. If I don’t hear anything by tomorrow, CHAOTIC EVIL SHALL REIGN.

10 Likes

oh my actual fuck.

May 2 was when the $ was taken out of my HSA and the check issued.

The check was actually mailed on MAY 25.

TWENTY THREE DAYS LATER.

APPARENTLY all checks were effed because of SILICON VALLEY BANK??? Even though SVB closed on March 10, and my check was issued 2 months later?

So there was a SLIGHT DELAY which nobody thought to tell me about until 10 phone calls later.

So now the transfer clock starts over from May 25, and they have FOUR TO SIX WEEKS to get the check to Fidelity.

ETA: All this fucking time I’ve been calling them, everyone has said “yes the check has been mailed.”

NO THE FUCKING CHECK HAD NOT BEEN MAILED.

11 Likes

Oh my god. This is why that guy just paints pictures of chase bank locations on fire, isn’t it?

5 Likes

5 Likes

If you’re curious, it has been 4 weeks since the transfer check was ALLEGEDLY mailed, and Fidelity STILL does not have the money.

7 Likes

Did they literally give it to a snail??? That’s outrageous.

4 Likes

GREAT JOB SNAIL, YOU DID IT!

18 Likes

:tada: :tada: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :clap: :clap: :clap: :tada: :tada: :tada:

4 Likes