Series I Savings Bonds -- 8.54% guaranteed return for 1 year

Thanks for sharing! We looked into it and we’re confused why we didn’t go for it last year! That interest rate has been better than the best CD rates for a while!

2 Likes

Ah yes, the part of the sign up/log in process where I called Human like “come look at this awfulness before I put it through the window” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

And I had already complained that the SSN and phone number entries were each multiple fields

I cried a little. :sob:

5 Likes

This is what I’m looking for, right?

2 Likes

Yes* (it’s what I bought)

* caveat - based on what I found in a web search :rofl:

See Individual - Series I Savings Bonds

3 Likes

Dangit! Does this mean I’m not getting that April 2022 rate? Is it still worth it?

3 Likes

I snooze, I lose :cry:

3 Likes

Still worth it. You’ll still get 6 months at the upcoming rate, we just don’t know what the next rate will be.

5 Likes

OK, yay! Not totally lost!

3 Likes

Yes you’re being punished by getting 9.62% on your first 6 months :grin:

5 Likes

Hahahaha it’s a rough life but someone has to live it!!

3 Likes

Human had to do additional ID verification for his account so we’re also partially in the snoozer boat with ya. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

With the way inflation has been going, November rate might even be over 10% lol.

2 Likes

Poop, me too.

1 Like

Dumb question I keep procrastinating on resolving: can you add treasury direct to Mint (or similar)?

2 Likes

Not that I have found. But, as I’m sure you know you can enter your own property so I’ve just done that.

2 Likes

Sadly no. Their dumb clicky keyboard thing and cretaceous period policies don’t allow external connections.

5 Likes

narrator voice… but she did not know this, and was once again extremely grateful for the OMD hive mind.

5 Likes

Yeah, about what I expected TBH. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Lmk if you need help figuring it out! I’m not sure if you can do it through the app, but last time I did it on the website it was pretty straight forward. It’s also what I do for my home value, since I don’t want it to track the market but instead be a fixed conservative number.

1 Like

I didn’t know this either! I added mine too. Will help me remember I have it :laughing:

1 Like