Random Questions

Part of the challenge here is she moves between houses so much.

3 Likes

Sil and I did it for mil and it was best of all worlds for a narcissist tbh. :rofl: (not a commentary on your mom, just my mil). She absolutely loved being the center and surrounded by her grandkids and not having the daughter in laws in the pics and we were more than happy not to be in them. Ha. We did have some with Fil in them too.

11 Likes

Haha even if it was you’ve absolutely heard enough about my mom over the years :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

lol fair but that’s for you to say not for me! :rofl:

4 Likes

Has anyone cleaned their own vinyl siding? What method did you use? How long did it take?

Mine is gross and I’m not sure if I should rent a power washer or use a long-handled scrubber of some kind. (We have a single-story, not-very-tall house.)

2 Likes

My mother makes me hand wash it so that water doesn’t shoot upwards and behind the sidling. Not the option I’m guessing you want.

2 Likes

We owned a power washer and used it on the house. Power washing is awesome for many things and an extremely satisfying chore.

3 Likes

Like you don’t even use the hose? That does seem a little extreme…

1 Like

I’m worried about damaging the siding or the window screens or something. Is that concern overblown?

I haven’t used a pressure washer since circa 2007 and would have to rent one.

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

You are a good daughter and I imagine your arms are very toned now :laughing:

3 Likes

Candygirl is in amazing shape. It’s impressive.

4 Likes

If I don’t use a power washer, I will definitely be using my hose. I mean, I am spry for a middle aged fat lady and I don’t mind using elbow grease, but I have only myself to answer to on this project.

3 Likes

I have no advice or opinions. I’ve never washed siding. Power washers look fun.

3 Likes

This is the first time I’ve lived anywhere long enough to need to!

3 Likes

Power washers are definitely a find a friend tool

3 Likes

We didn’t power wash the screens, though that sounds fun, but it didn’t damage the (quite elderly) siding, you can adjust the nozzle.

You can clean the driveway and all your lawn furniture and your tires!

2 Likes

I have a power washer you can borrow!

4 Likes

Question for people who use Spotify. We have Spotify premium and I’m getting extremely frustrated with it. If I choose a specific album, and click on shuffle, it will play that album but after a random number of songs (definitely not all of them) it will start throwing in music not from that album. Why?! Today I tried not putting it on shuffle and it still did it and I’m like, unreasonably angry about it. If I’m telling it to play an album I want it to play only that album!!

This is because I’m trying to limit the girls to only listening to Bluey or Daniel Tiger albums but then it keeps throwing in the most annoying songs in the world and I want to throw the phone across the room every time.

Is there a setting or something that will make this stop?

9 Likes

I have a power washer. I end up as wet as the thing I’m washing when I use it. :rofl:

4 Likes