Pregnancy is weird

We had doulas through our hospital. On the surface, a great idea. But I’m still pissed that the second I got my epidural after 12+ hours natural, I never saw them again :rage: even when my husband specifically texted her as instructed. She never even replied.

5 Likes

We went for a long walk since I couldn’t sit down anyway from the heartburn. Now I’m having LOTS of BH contractions and my low back is sore. This happened at 35 weeks last time and was the beginning of prodromal labor and I got yelled at by the OB’s office for sending an email instead of calling. Last time it happened at 35 weeks. I’m only 28 weeks along right now - hoping that the BH contractions are just from the long walk and they settle down soon?

5 Likes

That is all kinds of messed up :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Oh HELL NO.

I’m so sorry that happened to you and it’s total bullshit.

2 Likes

What! That sucks, not cool.

1 Like

Fingers crossed this is just BH and they ease up soon :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thank you, me too!

If I get one of those giant U shaped pregnancy pillows, will I stop rolling around and waking up at night?

1 Like

Possibly? I didn’t like the one I borrowed briefly from a friend earlier in pregnancy but now I’ve basically engineered the same set up with lots of separate pillows (and kicked spouse into the guest room for the last couple weeks because he doesn’t fit with all my pillows :frowning: )

I still find that I wake up every ~2 hours and want to turn over anyway which is a production, but I like having pillows at my back still after I manage to turn over.

1 Like

This is not promising for my sleep. I still have 4.5 months to go.

I got a Snoogle and half the time it was awesome. The other half of the time it felt like an oppressive invader.

1 Like

I found that in the second trimester I was most comfortable on the couch because I could lean into the back of the couch and prop myself up slightly on the arms. I had terrible hip pain throughout most of this pregnancy though so you may have more luck with a traditional pregnancy pillow!

2 Likes

I found a pregnancy pillow helped once I reached a precipitous point where my pregnant body was more annoying than the pillow was.

Eta adding that I typed that with voice to text, and my husband chortled in the background. Needless to say, nothing made me really comfortable in a true sense :joy:

2 Likes

I pulled mine out last night since nothing was helping me get comfortable. I did fall asleep using it but I woke up about 3 hours later and it was on the floor so obviously my sleeping body didn’t like it.

2 Likes

I think tonight might be the night for trialling couch sleeping, in that case.

I loved my u shaped pregnancy pillow! But a few key things for me:

• the bottom of the u goes at your feet! Use a regular pillow for your head
  • use other pillows ALSO but the u pillow acts as a corral for superfluous pillows
  • lift like a gate to exit
  • feel free to pull it in to support your back
1 Like

I have my 28 week appointment today and luckily the BH contractions died down. I’m going to talk to the doctor about it though and find out if I should cut down on the walks. 28 weeks is when I was put on modified bed rest last time around so maybe we need to go that route again.

I also have my glucose test today :nauseated_face: I passed last time around so I don’ think I’ll have any issues today. SIL had hers last week and failed it, so she had to do the 3 hour test on Saturday. She likely failed hers because she has been eating Arby’s + milkshakes almost every day. I’m still eating a healthy diet that is high in protein, so I think I will be fine. I did abstain from all added sugar for the past few days though, just to make sure.

2 Likes

Had a (funny) emotionally upsetting experience last night that I thought I’d share here :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been having a lot of trouble sleeping as I’ve gotten later in pregnancy and usually only sleep in 1-2 hour bursts. Last night I went to bed just before 11pm and when I woke to turn over I glanced at the clock and it was already 2am! I was so happy! 3 hours of sleep in a row! I didn’t even need to use the bathroom that bad so I turned over and went back to sleep

…only to wake up a little while later and it was…1:45am. :sob: :sob: :sob:

I must have misread the clock at midnight and thought it was 2am. All that sleep I thought I had been getting but nope…it wasn’t even 2am yet and I had hours of tossing and turning to go!

Ugh, I think I’ve suppressed how awful nighttime was the last month or so of pregnancy. I dreaded going to bed and was positively thrilled when it started getting light (about 4:30 am) because it meant I could just get up and stop trying to sleep, tired as I was. I couldn’t even nap for all the reflux–I’d wake up choking after 15 minutes.

And yet, I’d do it again if I won the lottery!

How many more days for you now?

2 Likes

Just one more day! I have to be at the hospital tomorrow afternoon at 3 to check in for my c-section. I can’t believe it!

Today’s to-do list involves sweeping the downstairs floors and making sure we have all the right snacks packed in the hospital bags.

5 Likes