Pregnancy is weird

Fingers crossed for you!

2 Likes

So excited for you!

2 Likes

How exciting, @wooljaguar! Congrats and wishing you all the best :tada:

2 Likes

Sooo, first real symptoms, maybe? All day, I have been having pains in my abs when I stand up too fast, like it stretches or pulls something. Since that’s totally new to me, I thought it MIGHT be pregnancy related, but I also thought it must be WAY too early to feel the more structural kinds of changes. But then I just saw a thread in the June 2021 cohort on What to Expect app forum where a bunch of women said they are having the same thing, so maybe it is?

Other than that, some light cramping, and perhaps peeing a bit more (though I pee a lot already, so it’s hard to tell), I feel normal.

6 Likes

I had that as one of my earliest symptoms! Early round ligament pains. It got painful for a while there :grimacing: I also showed super early, unsure if that was related?

3 Likes

I had the pain, did not show early :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Welcome baby Spore and hope you are all home together soon!

2 Likes

Congratulations, fingers crossed for you!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! I hope everything goes smoothly from here!

1 Like

I’ve quickly gone from “oh cute you can see my bump through my shirt!” to removing shirts from my rotation because they are too tight and it’s hot weather here.

4 Likes

I can’t find a skincare thread even though I know it’s been talked about on the forum. I have dry flakey skin on my body and face - do I need to exfoliate or just apply moisturiser after normal cleaning? It’s really obvious because the dry skin goes white when I put on my (zinc based) sunscreen.

This is a great thread! Hello to all the new faces, and also the familiar ones (I’ve missed you!). I’m about 12 weeks along with kid #2 and hopefully almost through the nausea.

Obviously this info is for a super small contingent of people, but I have to share just in case: it turns out that the VA provides free pregnancy care for all women veterans. They don’t actually have maternity care at the VA, so all they do is give you a list of local private practices, and you just choose one (my normal OB office is already on the list), and then they pay for everything. That is…your entire birth/genetic testing/all tests and u/s/care for you and baby for 7 days postpartum/everything is free. They even provide you with nursing bras and nursing supplies. You also get a social worker who calls you every month to check how you’re doing mentally, and asks a bunch of questions about home and food insecurity, domestic violence, and general safety. It’s kind of amazing (especially in the US where even with insurance you can be expected to get a bill for birth up to your deductible).

So anyway, not sure if anyone reading along is a woman veteran, but it’s an amazing benefit that I didn’t know about with kid #1, so I just had to share.

12 Likes

My face got extremely dry and flaky this pregnancy. No amount of exfoliating, putting on my regular moisturizer, or drinking more water seemed to help. Then I found this magical lotion and it has completely taken it away! This is impressive because I spent 3 months basically looking like I had dried oatmeal on my face. Quick research tells me they have a version for your body too. It is more than I normally spend on this kind of thing (I don’t do the whole skin-care routine thing) but still under $20. The hyaluronic acid is the key ingredient that makes it magical :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I missed your announcement at the top and had to scroll and check! Happy number 2!!!

4 Likes

Thank you! It’s been a rough 1st Tri, but we’re excited anyway. Pebbles loves to pat my stomach and kiss it and it’s basically the heart-meltiest thing I’ve ever seen. Even to a grinch like me. :laughing:

6 Likes

38 week appointment in a few hours! I just finished updating my birth plan now that I’m having a c-section instead of vaginal birth. I feel weird walking into my doctor’s office with a list of demands but I’m sure they’re used to it and I don’t think we’re requesting anything out of the ordinary.

Even though I only have 7 days left, I’m half hoping there’s some reason today that gets me an earlier c-section date. I’m so tired and sore and can’t sleep because there is a large head butting into my ribs as soon as I recline the slightest amount.

6 Likes

Hyaluronic acid is magic! I made my own HA serum not long ago, and it is sooo “plumping”! It took some trial and error to get the consistency right, though. The first time I made it, it came out way too thick like a jello shot.

3 Likes

Thank you! I am going to see if I can find some to try.

I do hyaluronic regularly, my dry preggo face it didn’t work on. Even normally it should go under an oil or occlusive

3 Likes

Yes, I wear it under my (pricey, not homemade bc I couldn’t figure out how) bakuchiol oil and my lifesaving First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream (which is also pricey but is legitimately the only thing in the world that calms my sensitive skin down when I get my “random hives for no reason” and my “no doctor has been able to tell me whether it’s eczema or psoriasis” breakouts on my hands…bizarrely sensitive skin is The Worst).

1 Like