Meme-ing our way through

I’m pretty sure I’ve never scanned one. And also, get off my lawn.

5 Likes

I’ve used them to log into streaming services and to order or pay online at restaurants (so I didn’t have to catch the waiters attention) . Also maybe like, to fill out waivers at the climbing gym.

Story

The first time I saw, and used, a restaurant pay online code was a dinner with my sister in like 2021. When we were wrapping up, our waiter seated a party next to us, dropped off our check, and then got caught up with a big group. The party next to us promptly started talking about how they were evading vaccine mandates.

So I paid online to GTFO, but then felt so awkward about just walking out that I stopped by the host’s station up front to check it went through :sweat_smile:

Stop putting them on advertisements. I don’t know who you are and don’t want your viruses. :joy:

5 Likes

Our PTA looooves QR codes

1 Like

DW (elder millennial) once asked her hair stylist (regular millennial) something, and was told to “pull up the QR code over there on the table”, so DW walked over to the table, lifted up the laminated paper with the QR code on it, and looked underneath it. :man_facepalming::sweat_smile:

The stylist was gob smacked for a moment, before adding “… on your phone. Pull it up on your phone.”

DW’s a good sport though. She came home and told me the story.

11 Likes

One time I was at a of a table of 4 friends and we were presented with a menu code or something. If I recall correctly we all failed to QR code and it was a lot of work to convince the waiter of this

(Modified because one detail didn’t make sense after eliminating other details before posting)

4 Likes

They’re security nightmare. And yet I put them on flyers and posters all the time.

4 Likes

21 Likes

21 Likes

21 Likes

This heartwarming meme is a PSA:

Sauce/deets

Dogs can use donated pacemakers from humans | Fact check The article does point out it is possible to donate pacemakers to people… internationally. The ethics of secondhand/higher risk pacemaker vs no pacemaker are left as an exercise for the reader…

18 Likes

That’s so fucking cool

2 Likes

100% of the time! i am 51! you’d think i’d have figured out how not to do this, but nope. it makes me remember when we’d close up at mcdonald’s, i used to make a smock out of a garbage bag to do all the dishes. might start doing it again :joy:

7 Likes

Bro, aprons exist! And can be super cute! I don’t own one but I’d love to see what you choose for yourself.

5 Likes

I have a super cute apron! I literally never wear it.

5 Likes

Aprons only work if you put them on, I have found. Huge design defect, IMO. (I have an apron. I also have oil splatter on half my t shirts. At least I usually have a habit of changing to home clothes.)

18 Likes

i have one! one of those super cute japanese-style cross-back ones. but it’s fabric, so i still get wet. i need like a rubber one but i’m afraid to google rubber aprons :grimacing:

15 Likes

I have a thick fabric one and it helps a lot. I have a terrible habit of leaning against the sink when I do dishes so my front is always a little damp.

5 Likes

mine is kind of a light denim and it does help a little without solving the issue. also our sink SUCKS and there’s no sprayer and the faucet is so far back that i have to lean over to get anything rinsed so this probably plays a part, too.

1 Like

When I remember I fold a towel and put it on the edge of the sink! It is a miracle and I do not own a cute apron. I would like 3-4 cute aprons in a variety of sizes so we can all cook and do dishes

7 Likes

I mean, if y’all want aprons… I have a source…

18 Likes