Meme-ing our way through

I was thinking of my state - but I suspect it’s worse than your state, with some well-defined exceptions of a few cities.

2 Likes

I had not been - Iowa hasn’t made the top of my list for trans safety. Most specifically, I may not be able to get my medications in Iowa and my current ID won’t be legally recognized.

9 Likes

Wait why did I think you were in WI! My bad!

4 Likes

UGH!

2 Likes

Well, fly over zone - you know. Not important /s

2 Likes

I had heard that phrase before, but didn’t realize how much the fly over states embraced it until we drove across them last fall, while listening to ‘fly over radio’

6 Likes

I take the phrase as the insult it’s intended to be -our eastern colleagues (in giant corp) seem to always assume we are all rubes.

3 Likes

So I guess that’s what I mean - I’d heard it, never used it because I thought it was an insult, but was surprised that when we were in Kansas it seemed to be embraced by the residents.

2 Likes

23 Likes

This is adorable

7 Likes

I do have to point out, I only found the meme, I did not come up with it’s brilliance

3 Likes

24 Likes

Oy vey!

1 Like

12 Likes

Australia sent a 36yo woman with a PhD in break dancing to the Olympics.

Amazing.

20 Likes

You can get a PhD in breakdancing??

6 Likes

Its 2024 you can get a PhD in anything!

3 Likes

16 Likes

I tried to find video and had so much trouble. But this link has a few clips and it’s hilarious:

7 Likes

America - can we talk about how you’re using “total medals” to sort the medal tally? As opposed to the most traditional “most golds”.

I mean you’re currently top on both sorting but weren’t recently.

4 Likes