Meme-ing our way through

“He’s NOT the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!”

Brian’s mum

7 Likes

The other half of this is that in Dune, the space witch nuns (Bene Gesserit) planted a “prophecy” about a messiah among the oppressed Fremen indigenous inhabitants of planet Arrakis aka Dune. Certain characters (eg his mom Jessica, mentor Stilgar) have a vested interest in main character Paul Atreides being accepted as this prophecied Messiah, leading to scenes like "that’s exactly how the promised one would sneeze! " etc.

Spoilers but it's been out since 1965 so do they even count?

(Paul spends half the movie being all like “naw, I’m no messiah I just want to be one of you guys :pleading_face:” and then (spoilers) pivots pretty quickly to “sure if I get a personal army, I’ll be your messiah why not :man_shrugging:” )

(Bene Gesserit just want to control people, and know nothing about The One Who Will Bring Balance To The Force/The Dragon Reborn. I may be mixing fandoms now.)

11 Likes

18 Likes

17 Likes

20 Likes

20 Likes

I mean, 4 years ago this thread didn’t exist, so I think we’re all definitely better off now.

22 Likes

All. Of. That. Yes.

4 Likes

It may have just existed? March 2020. It doesn’t give the exact date.

Not quite four years ago. Google photos tells me I collated the memes for the first post on Friday 21 March 2020.

12 Likes

I have some as early as March 4th

But the gyno one I know I shared on here was the 18th in my photos. Not sure when I posted it.

11 Likes

Had we shared some on the coronavirus thread before rolling the memes off on their own? :thinking:

8 Likes

That sounds possible. Like - serious thread about covid and some people taking the piss. Piss takers sent to own thread.

11 Likes

:joy: this tallies

6 Likes

Never happened in OMD history! :rofl:

6 Likes

Yes, pretty sure that’s the case.

6 Likes

I feel like an archeologist. Piecing together the history of this thread.

Turns out it came possibly from the Funny Thing You Saw Today thread.

All though historians debate to this day the reasons behind it starting up as its own thread.

11 Likes

The only thing I’ve made time for in the past month that hasn’t been external-commitment-related is a new hobby of making my own memes. Behold.

IMG_0749

NSFW

Back into my self-imposed exile of tasks.

19 Likes

Oh I forgot one

18 Likes

Omg

2 Likes

11 Likes