May 2020 Bookclub - Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Got mine today and look forward to reading it!

2 Likes

Started last night, I am up to chapter 11 and enjoying it so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Expecting to still be waiting on my hold until about mid-month. At least I know I can catch up quickly, and since I’ve already read it I don’t have to shield myself from spoilers at all!

2 Likes

This book feels almost aggressively pleasant. I’m already 25% of the way through. It is EXACTLY what I need right now.

And the quick read makes me feel less bad that I waited a few days after my hold came in to read it when there are 3 other people waiting!

6 Likes

me too! I am loving how light and lovely it is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I apologize if it’s rude to pop into May’s thread to talk about June’s book, but only 9 people have voted so far and we’re at a tie. So if you haven’t voted yet, come on over and vote. June 2020 Book Club--The Vine Witch by Luanne G Smith

4 Likes

Book done!

I wonder if my work has an IT person who does the same thing?

I have a few more questions but will wait until everyone is done.

I agree - it was a nice light read - very sweet and innocent - did any of the characters even swear?

Oh 1999 - pre-googling the crap out of everything and everyone. What a time!

4 Likes

Weird, I read this book last week. I had no idea about the book club.

8 Likes

Just finished the book :slight_smile:
A nice light read was exactly what I needed

3 Likes

I’m almost done with the book I’m on and then will be starting Attachments! It’s good to hear that it’s a light read, I could use that right now!

5 Likes

my digital hold just came in so i’m starting it tonight!

3 Likes

I found it really fun to be back in 1999. To read words like Napster and be in a world where people were still functioning while also being suspicious of computers. It was funny and nostalgic.

4 Likes

Book club synchronicity! The bit where one character says that before she started dating her husband, he stole her dice to have something of hers he could keep in his pocket, reminded me so much of Meg and John in Little Women.

And the conversation between Jennifer and Beth in the next chapter about being each other’s best friends is delightful and relatable.

5 Likes

I’m not too far in yet but enjoying this light and fun read. I love Rainbow Rowell so much.

I’m really enjoying it too!

This is a book that I’d normally tear through in one day. I’m about a third through so it’s been the perfect choice for me being able to pick it up here and there when I can actually escape my brain for a few :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That was pretty much a delight from start to finish. I started to have some anxiety in the last third but I have no complaints about the ending :smile:

5 Likes

This was an ideal pandemic time read for me.

3 Likes

I finished up last night (only 2 weeks late, not too bad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

I loved it which I was pretty sure I would because Rainbow Rowell is wonderful! but I really relaly loved it and was sad when it was over. Now I’m on to June’s book. See you all over there.

4 Likes

I really liked this one, too!

1 Like

I’ve only read one other by Rainbow Rowell. It was Eleanor and Park and I really loved it. Super sweet. So I recommend that to anyone who liked this one.

2 Likes