Introduce Yourself Here

OK, that sounds really good.

2 Likes

I want a party at your house!! You should monetize your mocktail skillz. :tropical_drink:

4 Likes

Thyme infused sparkly drinks are my go to when I want to pretend I’m fancy :wink:

I am not opposed to a takeover of this thread haha

6 Likes

Moar mocktails!

2 Likes

You guys are classing the joint up around here, so much so that I was inspired to put a dash of lemon in my Absolut and cherry Kool-Aid this evening.

ETA: it gave it a certain je ne sais quoi.

15 Likes

hello! I’m Lat, I am being paid to stay at home and do nothing because Pandemic, and I am a full-time student getting my undergrad! I started listening to the Oh My Dollar podcast because Hans Lindahl was on it, and I like books, robots, and you.

25 Likes

Hi, Lat! I’m also a full-time (grad) student.

5 Likes

Hello!!

3 Likes

Hi and welcome!

1 Like

@latitude is here for the stickers and I know it and support it

8 Likes

Welcome @latitude!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome, Lat!

1 Like

Love the username. Welcome!

2 Likes

Hi!!!

1 Like

Hello! Also a student. Definitely consider joining a monthly challenge as they happen because the stickers from those are awesome.

2 Likes

Hiya! Robots are the best

2 Likes

I’m here for stickers AND to get some FINANCIAL GOALS

7 Likes

ummm… i need this

1 Like

Hi all- My name is Mae and I’m so stoked to actually start giving AF about finances as a 30-something. In fact, I’m kinda obsessed at the moment. Thus, I’m binging OMD and other money podcasts, reading a ton, and put a lot into action. In the last few months I’ve: created a budget spreadsheet that I actually use and update regularly. It’s adapted from Liz Warren’s 50/30/20 budgeting strategy, which is the only dang thang that’s actually resonated with me (tho mine is more like 65/ 25/10 right now… being needs/wants/savings). I’m in the process of rolling over a 401k with a former employer to a Roth IRA so I can actually make contributions (and work with a company whose platform I understand). I’ve built a decent e-fund (tho it always feels like it could be more), and I don’t deprive myself of much of anything on the daily, which feels good. That said, I’m realizing that not having expensive hobbies saves me A TON.

What I’m working on: Cutting back on my alcohol and “treats” purchases. Or some days I’m just working on being okay with these indulgences, which have increased since the pandemic. Also trying to strategize for more sustainable/affordable housing in the future in a city with a less than 3% vacancy rate. (And darn it if I don’t LOVE living here.) Any tips on this SO welcome!

Very glad to be here with y’all!

25 Likes