How to Buy a Baby: a not-very-short guide to (legally) acquiring spawn when a free sex baby isn't happening

I would like a referral to this doctor.

My second opinion reproductive endocrinologist was kind of like this too, she was amazing. When we discovered that my fertility blows and I’d need to get started on trying to have kids if I wanted a chance at all, she said “Now you’ve not got much time left unfortunately, but that doesn’t mean you have to go have sex in the parking garage. You can wait until you get home to get started.” and at my final ultrasound before she sent me to my midwife with Bobbin she quietly added as she was leaving the room “[her very unique Greek name] makes a great baby name…” She also had an amazing burn on my husband during my AFC ultrasound that significantly lightened the mood dispite the bleak outlook of the scan. Her bedside manner was 11/10.

7 Likes

Re-reading this now as we consider starting our research for clinics and want to reiterate my thanks and love to you, BJ. It’s good to be going in with some sense of expectations.

5 Likes

I’m so happy this can continue to be a resource! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I haven’t read the whole thing here but want to add myself to this thread - I am a parent through donor embryo and always happy to talk about it. Another way to buy a baby that isn’t always as well known!

5 Likes

Just dropping the start of a thread on donor embryo/embryo donation if people want to read up on that: The Not Pregnant...Yet Thread - #311 by frogger

3 Likes

A good intro to IVF listen:

Episode 757, October 2022

3 Likes