Grocery Spending 2023

That’s so true! It’s a lot cheaper. And definitely a good strategy for bad times!

2 Likes

I spent a grand total of $468.31 on groceries this month! Higher than I’d like, ideally, but I had to get some convenience things for rough times. Not too bad considering!

7 Likes

Updating for March since I probably won’t go again. I wasn’t actually planning on going today, but I got home from a trip and there was a distinct lack of easily-grabbable food in the house :slight_smile: . So:

Groceries: $163.38, $23.72 of which was today. Ignoring today, the majority of that was fruits, vegetables, and eggs (eggs are still a little nuts), and then $25 on various scratch-and-dent meats.
Other: $118.43 covering a couple happy hours/trivias, $5 for girl scout cookies, and ski food when I didn’t feel like a granola bar or peanut butter bagel.

3 Likes

Spent $62 on food shopping this week!

5 Likes

My grocery shopping for March was $550! Another below-budget month. However, I know April will probably go over budget because we only did Costco once in March and we have to go this weekend, so we will definitely have 2 visits in April. Budget is $700 per month and so far for the year we’ve spent $1793, so we are averaging $598.

4 Likes

I just did the meal plan and set up the grocery pickup for this week. King Soopers has really good digital deals this week so I’m getting the maximum of 5 items that can be bought with each coupon. $63 savings! The total went from $143 to $80.

5 Likes

Woah, nice score!

1 Like

I spent about $120 this weekend on specialty shopping! We went to the country and I stocked up on lots of goodies, some that are money saving in the long run (yeast, cocoa powder, other baking items) and some that were just splurges (dilly beans, pickles, jams). I’m happy though! :slight_smile: I hadn’t been out shopping there in about 2 years so I was due for some Amish tasty things.

9 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

I bought the biggest jar they had. I couldn’t even lift it lol.

2 Likes

mmm how fun and tasty! I love dilly beans!

1 Like

Just spent $36 on food shopping for the upcoming week. It was a small shop since I did specialty shopping recently and also since my freezer is bursting with stuff.

4 Likes

I forgot to post food shopping numbers last week! I spent around $120 and it’s another $120 this week!

7 Likes

Somehow, we have averaged under$250 a month for groceries all year thus far, for a valid of"grocery" that includes dog and cat food and toiletries, plus food for two humans. Helps that the only meat we eat anymore is turkey (ground and smoked sausage mostly), but I bet I don’t want to see husband’s eating out costs. He ate out one night a week all semester, plus lunch sometimes.

But also I think we did a lot of eating down of the pantry and freezer, and we were in a rotation of big one-pot meals through the workweek that happened to be cheap.

8 Likes