Funny Thing You Saw Today

My sister gave out of a lot of Pacas last yer and they were very popular!

5 Likes

19 Likes

nerd alert

10 Likes

17 Likes

17 Likes

15 Likes

Look pal, I might be wearing three layers and fleece lined pants inside my house right now, but I’ve seen how you Northern folk wilt in the summer. I’ll never forget a grad school classmate telling me 85 degrees was too hot to go to the beach when I won’t consider going unless it’s a minimum of 80.

15 Likes

My condolences in your time of chilliness. Layering can be enjoyable for its own sake, but not usually when it is actively necessary. I will indeed wilt above 80, every time.
I really really love how temperature-adaptable people (in general) are. when it hits 40 for the first time in the fall it is jacket and hat and scarf time! When it hits 40 for the first time in the spring, break out the sandals! :laughing:

12 Likes

I got three pairs of Darn Tough socks and it’s great :slight_smile:

5 Likes

truly you are of my people

4 Likes

I’m a Miami baby who can no longer tolerate physical exertion in temps over 87F.

Actually maybe I never could… I did faint a lot as a child.

6 Likes

Oh no!

I have a coworker who moved to Denver from Mexico in her 20s and has been much happier. She says she was grumpy for her whole life and never realized it was just that she was hot. She has her desk in the coldest part of the building. Some people are just born in the wrong climate.

8 Likes

I do wonder how much of my hatred of summer was being forced to push through heat exhaustion for school and camp activities. Now that I’m allowed to control my exertion and degree of sun exposure, I can almost enjoy it at points.

6 Likes

Haha @noitsbecky she talks about this

8 Likes

O hai, it me.

5 Likes

It me, but my parents moved across country so I’m okay. It’s also my spouse who should probably live in Canada and definitely doesn’t.

3 Likes

Our reasons for moving from Utah to Minnesota:

1. Utah in general
  2. It’s too damn hot in the summer
  3. Ugh real estate prices
  4. No more direct flights to Cleveland
4 Likes

17 Likes

So wrong and yet so hilarious

(Guest article shared by a friend)

Lady Chatterley and Mickey Mouse enter the public domain and all you get is this column

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/01/04/chatterley-mickey-mouse-copyright/?pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJyZWFzb24iOiJnaWZ0IiwibmJmIjoxNzA0MzQ0NDAwLCJpc3MiOiJzdWJzY3JpcHRpb25zIiwiZXhwIjoxNzA1NzI2Nzk5LCJpYXQiOjE3MDQzNDQ0MDAsImp0aSI6ImI5NWU2MDZjLTY3YTItNGY4MC1iOTM4LTU5ZDNiOTVlMmU3ZCIsInVybCI6Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3Lndhc2hpbmd0b25wb3N0LmNvbS9vcGluaW9ucy8yMDI0LzAxLzA0L2NoYXR0ZXJsZXktbWlja2V5LW1vdXNlLWNvcHlyaWdodC8ifQ.cyyOs1XgEABDlO8kfPdDnOJZo_TsndtjRSNuA6JV5EU&fbclid=IwAR2sVFtYigKalUQQGXG2eP9nzngccCDLSxidWIWsYv-KLCgPuDyV9wCsBi4

4 Likes

@Bracken_Joy :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

17 Likes