Funny Thing You Saw Today

14 Likes

I’m a 12 year old boy. I couldn’t make it through this page without laughing.

The book I was reading my children before bed🤦‍♀️ It was in a box of books from buy nothing.

22 Likes

Snort. I have a guess why it was in the gifting box :joy:

When I was a kid my mom had to intervene when I wanted to name a stuffed cat “pink pussy” (she had a pink bow) and I stayed mad at her about that for AGES.

14 Likes

:rofl: This is perfect

6 Likes

omg we had that book growing up! I always loved the drawings so much but reading it now is hilarious :joy:

8 Likes

The Owl and The Pussycat was my favourite growing up! My mum had it memorized. It is utter nonsense and so very Edward Lear. My kids know a few rhymes about pussy cats so I’m sure they will have some joke fodder later :joy:.

9 Likes

I grew up watching the presenters read that on Playschool and I bet they giggled so much off-screen!

6 Likes

The copy of the owl and the pussycat that I owned was dedicated by the author or illustrator to someone with the same name as me, and I thought they wrote it for me. It was my favourite. Plus the illustrations were amazing. Different from the book shown above.

9 Likes

Well I’ve never heard of this book! Gonna get it from the library, not tell Husband about it, and make him read it. :joy::smiling_imp:

12 Likes

Please report back when this has been accomplished. Even if it’s just to say that it happened. :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

It is on hold at the library presently :innocent:

9 Likes

For general edification, I feel obliged to point out that Mr. Lear wrote not only “The Owl and the Pussy-cat” but also “The Dong with a Luminous Nose.”

12 Likes

I read 6 lines just now, and this is utter, utter nonsense. Delightful :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I had similar thoughts while reading that book to my kids when they were little. I didn’t know of the Dong! That might have put me over the edge.

4 Likes

I literally have 6 acorns in a burp rag next to me on the couch at this very moment. Amusing time to run across this.

15 Likes

This is adorable. Also I am slightly jealous of this cat.

10 Likes

16 Likes

18 Likes

3DLpyUP_d

14 Likes

It me!

2 Likes