Funny Thing You Saw Today

17 Likes

12 Likes

10 Likes

Is there a meta reason for all the Rome stuff ?

2 Likes

Also tho a++ memes

1 Like

There’s a trope going around about asking your cishet male partner how often they think about Rome.

TikTok thing

Eta my husbands answer was “rarely. I’m way more interested in the Greek pantheon”

14 Likes

Okay :rofl: Ty lolol

2 Likes

white cishet men :joy: There are offshoot trends of asking what Black men’s roman empire is, what white women’s roman empire is, etc.

5 Likes

But the Pantheon IS Roman?

ETA: did you/he mean Parthenon?

3 Likes

I think any group of gods is a pantheon? at least Greek ones are.

I also had to look up the roman empire thing. Since right now I’m rereading Jane Jacobs’ cities and the wealth of nations and she talks a bit about the Roman Empire, I actually have thought about it recently (plus I think about it when I worry about the rise of populism, which has been a regular thing too alas).

6 Likes

I think about the roman empire at least weekly.

7 Likes

apparently the shadowy one is aware of a wayne & shuster routine. also asterix. ides of march.

so at least annually.

1 Like

They’re all facing the center! That would have taken a long time to do.

20 Likes

Oh, interesting. I didn’t know that.

2 Likes

The kids are alright.

20 Likes

I would totally eat this…

2 Likes

Its so weird. Like I probably think about the roman empire in a very sideways way several times a week because they set so many standards for our current civil engineering which is ma jam but the actual roman empire? No. Also highly doubt it of Ponder except that he’s heard the whole internet thing. I am gonna add “USA white cishet male”.
Which ok i technically only meet 2 of so it isnt for me anyway.

TY romans for the nifty organised cities and aaaah for the subsequent ecosystem disruption

6 Likes

That describes me all right, but I almost never think about the Roman Empire, unless it’s because I read something where it is mentioned/relevant, or I saw a movie such as “Life of Brian” or some other some such.

I don’t understand the whole idea of men just randomly thinking about the Roman Empire all the time. Why would they? I will admit that I did see an article about that in the WaPo, but I ignored it as trite.

6 Likes

I think you have the right idea :rofl:

3 Likes

I probably think about the Roman Empire on the daily, but in my defense, historical reenactment. I think about a lot of old stuff on the daily.

7 Likes