Funny Thing You Saw Today

I’ve always wondered about the contradictory advice of 78 if you’re home, but 82 if you’re sleeping. Am I sleeping somewhere else?

Also I’m about as lizard person as anyone and I max out my ac temp at 80. Last night I walked the dog at 11pm and it was 89 degrees outside with a feels like temp of 96. There just isn’t much of a cooling period at night

11 Likes

I also do not understand this. Doesn’t everyone want it COLDER when they sleep??

14 Likes

Yeah I can’t even imagine 82 while sleeping. Right now is the worst of the worst heat here, where it’s still 100 degrees at 11pm. Coolest is around 85 at 5am…I have slowly adjusted myself to living downstairs and having the air get up to 84 in the afternoon, but at night I need to sleep at 70 degrees or I just don’t get quality sleep. There are people who have lived here for 20+ years that keep the AC at 80 24/7 which boggles the mind…I guess you eventually get used to it?

8 Likes

17 Likes

I don’t sleep well because I’m old, add a hot room to that? Nope. If the house doesn’t cool off before bedtime I’m running the ac at 69 even when it gets down to low 60s at night because I don’t like the noise from open windows. It’s just an expense I’m willing to pay at this point.

2 Likes

We don’t have AC. We do have a portable unit, but we haven’t used it yet this year. I used to want AC all the time in the summer, but living overseas changed that. Now I don’t like AC unless it really gets oppressive.

1 Like

I don’t really like ac, but I do need ac to be a functioning human.

3 Likes

Doesn’t it get really humid in your area though? The humidity is what made me turn on the air.

3 Likes

Omg thank you for this laugh

1 Like

10 Likes

Yeeeeesssesssss so fantastic. It’s close in Portuguese too. Well the farting part. To me it kinda sounds like Tea, I farted. Tea being cha

8 Likes

It does, like last week, for example. I fired up the dehumidifier for a couple of days.
Dry heat is definitely more bearable than wet heat.

14 Likes

19 Likes

14 Likes

IMG_0977

13 Likes

I can’t stop laughing at the exotic dancer one :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

This is 100% my dad

18 Likes

A particularly good batch!

1 Like

19 Likes