Funny Thing You Saw Today

Exceptional.

17 Likes

I love people. :rofl:

4 Likes

I think that’s what I love most about the story. All the people that got involved and wanted to make it happen. Just. Such a stupid and excellent form of community coming together.

12 Likes

Exactly! Like how he offers pay and they were like, “nah I’ll do this for free.” :rofl:

10 Likes

“This one is on me. But I get to be ‘bone-crusher’” :rofl:

12 Likes

Trying to find a telescope for our family (maybe, probably not).

What does it even mean?

5 Likes

maybe the inches is the size of the aperture or something???

2 Likes

I think we JUST figured that out, and I came here to delete it. Because thinking it was the height or something is absurd. A telescope isn’t 6" tall!

So yeah, I’m the dumb one; but it confused my husband too.

But also, these telescopes are not THAT expensive, so are they really 5’ tall? The ones we used in college were maybe 2 feet max. You could carry them easily; like the torso of a 6" tall man, not larger than one. We could see Neptune with them, so they were good. Why are they so huge now?

4 Likes

Yeah it’s aperture. And they probably are that tall! With that style of telescope you have to go really long to accommodate the larger aperture. We have a pretty inexpensive telescope and it’s massive. For a smaller telescope with lots of reach you have to spend way more money.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Yep! Telescope style. I think of these as the “plumbing” telescopes because they remind me of the plastic PVC pipes. My mum has one.

2 Likes

Big @allhat energy here :joy::heart:

18 Likes

Bahahahahaha <3 ILU

9 Likes

To be fair based on all evidence your cooking would allow you to kill and get away with it.

7 Likes

18 Likes

19 Likes

11 Likes

Yesssss need their thanksgiving update!

3 Likes

Can you please let me know who they are? I felt like I had no context clues to work it out

2 Likes

Grandma texts wrong number, teen gets invited to thanksgiving dinner anyway. They’re on year 7 now I think of sharing thanksgivings. Just a sweet story.

The original texts were pretty funny so it went viral back then and they post updates each year.

13 Likes