Funny Thing You Saw Today

The 1982 vintage was, for many regions, extraordinary

look at that!

But then it ends with

Overall, the year produced many great wines and the very top examples of red, fortified and wines in the sweeter styles may still be drinking well now. There may even be the odd white still just within its drinking window, however, the vast majority are likely to be past their best simply because of the length of time that has passed.

Assholes.

18 Likes

FB_IMG_1659337104209

17 Likes

LOL!

In general, the 1977 vintage offered little in the way of brilliance. In fact, for much of Europe, the year was tragically poor.

Large swathes of France suffered from vicious weather, with top regions like Bordeaux, Sauternes, Burgundy, Beaujolais, the Rhône Valley, the Loire and Champagne all enduring a horrendous year. Alsace was perhaps the only French region to enjoy a reasonable year.

The rest of Europe was a mixed bag with Piedmont suffering a poor year – as did Germany and Spain – while both Tuscany and Austria enjoyed reasonably good years. Port, meanwhile, enjoyed an excellent year. Not enough information exists on the vintage for Tokaj to make an accurate judgment.

In the New World, California enjoyed a good year, while Australia suffered, as did South Africa. Little information exists on the vintage for New Zealand as the country was still very much developing its wine industry.

Overall, the 1977 vintage was far from great and the vast majority of wines will be long past their best. However, the top reds, fortified and dessert wines from the best regions and producers may still be drinking well but careful research is still advisable.

8 Likes

The 1991 vintage was, overall, a slightly drab vintage, but there were some gems.

Overall, it was not a great year for whites with frosts and rot decimating much of the potential.

Ouch

13 Likes

Feels more accurate than any astrology I’ve ever read.

3 Likes

The 1992 vintage was, in many respects, a case of the good, the bad and the ugly.

Can’t be offended if you know it’s true :person_shrugging:t2:

For drinking now, the best options are likely to lie in Port, German sweet wines and Napa Cabernets.

I’m a fan, I’ll take it lol.

10 Likes

22 Likes

My year starts off with “suffered from an extremely poor growing season” so I guess that explains my height.

13 Likes

That first one presumes that he’s let me fold it first.

3 Likes

The 1986 vintage was largely good but stopped short of excellent.

Clearly that’s wrong.

9 Likes

25 Likes

24 Likes

18 Likes

25 Likes

Turns out, I did!

5 Likes

Seen in the wild.

29 Likes

14 Likes

23 Likes