Feel Good Happy Things

Mexico City Issues Indefinite Ban on Bullfighting

a majority of Mexican citizens recently polled supported a total moratorium on bullfighting in Mexico because the “animals are subject to mistreatment and cruelty that result in their death,” according to the Mexican assembly’s Animal Welfare Commission.

16 Likes
13 Likes
9 Likes

Few have underscored the threat more than student climate activist Greta Thunberg and Green New Deal sponsor Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The latter said, “The world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.”

First, no credible scientific body has ever said climate change threatens the collapse of civilization much less the extinction of the human species. “‘Our children are going to die in the next 10 to 20 years.’ What’s the scientific basis for these claims?” BBC’s Andrew Neil asked a visibly uncomfortable XR spokesperson last month.

“These claims have been disputed, admittedly,” she said. “There are some scientists who are agreeing and some who are saying it’s not true. But the overall issue is that these deaths are going to happen.”

“But most scientists don’t agree with this,” said Neil.

" there was a 99.7% decline in the death toll from natural disasters since its peak in 1931.

In 1931, 3.7 million people died from natural disasters. In 2018, just 11,000 did. And that decline occurred over a period when the global population quadrupled."

11 Likes

17 Likes

19 Likes

My cat is on vacation at my mum’s house. His favourite windows were outfitted with chairs for his arrival

14 Likes

9 Likes

18 Likes

While the signature whistles of female dolphins will barely change throughout their life, male dolphins may adjust their whistle to mirror the signature whistle of their best friend. Male-male pair bonds are common in certain populations, and can be stronger than the bond between a mother and her calf. “We see this in Sarasota all the time”, Sayigh says. “These male alliances are extremely strong pair bonds where the males are together all the time and they frequently converge on their signature whistles.”

14 Likes

Huh, TIL dolphins can’t smell.

I heard years ago, probably from the same study group, that dolphins have surnames kind of. It might be blended into their name sounds but the might be a Suzie North Bay Pod and then a Suzie Southwest Bay Pod. I thought that was pretty cool.

11 Likes

14 Likes

oh my word

2 Likes

13 Likes

13 Likes

17 Likes

9 Likes

17 Likes

15 Likes

78 Year Old Iron Woman is Powerlifting Champion Who Does 400 Squats and Holds 19 World Records

“Langdon started when she was already 65, and too out of shape to walk up the stairs in the houses she was selling as part of a 35-year career in real estate.”

23 Likes