Estate Planning

Totally doable! I would put more trust in a lawyer if I had a child involved. If you do the trustandwill.com route, there are some discount codes floating around.

Either way, having that item checked off will be such a relief.

1 Like

It will, especially since this is our second child! I meant to get around to it before Kid 1 but I feel like organising care for 2 kids is a lot more for someone to take on for us. I donā€™t think we can use the online thing since weā€™re in Australia.

I just need to get through my to-do list this week with Ponder. Might send Duckling to his Nanaā€™s for a few hours.

1 Like

Iā€™d check, but a lawyer friend here said that if you use an online template and then rewrite it by hand and sign that one, itā€™s very likely to be treated as a legal will (but also said about ten paragraphs of it not being legal but also will work).

Iā€™ve done literally nothing and I need to.

4 Likes

This past spring I did my will, pos, medical directive, and trust for the kids. Now that itā€™s donā€™t I feel very good about it.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t done this yet! I have organized some of the info I would want Sweaty to have access to if something happened, but I havenā€™t created a will. I actually decided to put some of that stuff off just in terms of prioritizing things and working on tackling debt, but I should definitely take some more steps toward having all my information in one place where itā€™s easy for Sweaty to navigate!