Covid-19, Parenting Edition

No. You call the store and explain. And also place an april 12 order.

Click and collect is okay, the store is made of lava

2 Likes

I put that last post on the wrong thread. Thanks for noticing it.

I’ve been going to shoppers because it’s empty and I only touch what I’m buying and do the automated check out. It feels very low risk but they don’t carry everything I need. Couldn’t I do the same in a grocery store if it was very empty?

I’m frustrated by these limitations. I want to just do shit. Why you do me like this, global pandemic?

4 Likes

I dont know…but we’re running low on baby clothes. So now I have to do the same at loblaws to gather baby clothes.

You should stay in and stay safe.

1 Like

EBay sells kid clothes by the lot. Have a giant box of stuff delivered. The stuff might not be to your tastes but it keeps you both safe.

Or kijjji

I have less than 48h worth of fitting baby clothes. So I upgrade to 72h and then get a few lots

3 Likes

I support this.

Your lion grows fast.

3 Likes

Alarmingly. Also saturated clothes quickly

4 Likes

We are about to order clothes online for our Duckling :duck: because he decided to have a growth spurt right before we shut ourselves off. I can imagine having a :lion: would need even more!

2 Likes

So troublesome. Some of the 3-6mo clothes are too short for my 6 week old. We got separates at a very well controlled store

1 Like

It has been 2 weeks since we decided to keep Duckling home. We’ve settled into a routine, with plenty of play and screens. He’s calmed down and is settled into his new sleeping pattern. We’re re-toilet training. I expect there will be some more bumps but we’re coping better now.

3 Likes

From Next?

That’s really good news. Tomorrow is the first day Ewok should be at daycare, but is home instead. I have no idea if he will struggle with the change or love it - honestly, he loves daycare but he also loves playing in our yard all day long. So who knows.

2 Likes

Apparently not, because their online store is closed. So, Kmart, whatever their best patterns + fabric options are. I may not even get around to placing an order until next week.

3 Likes

TIL that reducing access to grandkids leads to my MIL becoming even more extravagant with toys.

3 Likes

Anything that’ll give us a laugh if you describe it?

1 Like

We now own a plastic kid’s tool kit complete with workbench, and that’s not his birthday present.

5 Likes

Hi all - just came across this and thought it would be good for lots of kids: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables

My kid is a bit young for it but could be good for yours!

3 Likes

I just saw this thread now and want to jump in! If I don’t know you, my kiddos are two boys, ages 9 and almost 8.

We are struggling a bit with “online learning” but are loving the extra time for board games. (I only have to work 20 hours per week from home and my husband has always been 33 hours a week.)

2 Likes

Anyone else stumbling on things and thinking “oh, right, that can be a toy”? So far I’ve let Kiddo play with ice, water, and food coloring (he nearly dyed himself green), now he’s got a washed out spray bottle filled with water. We also revived a toddler favorite of stacking up cardboard boxes (usually diaper boxes originally, now usually Amazon) and letting him kick or punch them down.

3 Likes

I set the kid loose in the kitchen while I cleaned it the other day and she had an absolute blast with my colander, mixing bowls, and a wooden spoon. Bonus being I got the kitchen cleaned too

2 Likes