Climate Change Solutions

Carbon laundering operation!! Love that. Crazy times.

2 Likes

Technically, I think it’d be easier to make hydrogen from water using renewable energy (green hydrogen). That can then be used for a variety of things and replaces non-renewable sources such as coal seam gas. This doesn’t remove CO2 that is already in the atmosphere, but prevents more being emitted?

Removal of existing carbon is hard. I mean not for trees, but hard I think on an industrial scale to make a difference? It does the lead to discussion of sequestration too. Where you gon put that carbon where it gon stay for thousands of years? I was reading it is used in oil production to boost oil field production - which while putting the Co2 in the ground isn’t exactly ideal because it increases fossil fuel production?

The diamond idea is nice but largely trivial?

I did not enjoy reading this article:

Given my ongoing employment is largely related to the manufacture of fertilisers and explosives using fossil fuels.

3 Likes

NOT TO MINERS OK

1 Like

I’ve always said - blood diamonds or nothing. I want the best.

1 Like

I guess the good news is that diamonds don’t break?

Too soon?

1 Like

No no, now is fine for joking about my mug. Immediately after it happened when I was still grieving was too soon.

Please send me my diamond mug.

4 Likes

What I get from this + smackys titles is that it’s close to Christmas and I could let husboo know how long I’ve wanted an amora gem

5 Likes