Budgetober challenge is back!

[quote=“LadyDuck, post:298, topic:2456”]

Week 4
Yeah I think I did OK. Getting Ponder time to sit down and look at our money and budget was hard, but we had some good talks about needing to move away from me doing everything, and towards us supporting him getting his stuff in order.

7 Likes

I have so much to do in November that I would really benefit from just chatting to people while I get stuff done on my work days, because I have no co-workers

7 Likes

Noodling Along November?

4 Likes

Could go even farther - No Rules November. :3

6 Likes

I like that.

2 Likes

Okay I made a challenge:

8 Likes

I quite like this.

I think my thing for November will be to keep a lot of stuff I got done. I am only allowed to write down what I actually did.

5 Likes

Week 4 Check-In

This did not end up being $20 - more like $70! Oh well, now I know!

Been budgeting regularly in the month of October. This past week I was able to go off budget but still keep up my YNAB transactions and assigned my dollars to their accurate spending. This was a big step for me! Not perfect, but accurate budgeting is the name of the game.

Looking forward to trying on November’s challenge. I need to pay my car registration this month and help with a baby shower so here’s to learning new things about budgeting!

Rue

7 Likes

I didn’t end up posting weekly updates. We probably came close to 100 (I think I budgeted 300, but too much scrolling to find it) on updates to our tiny bedroom. We probably spent another 50 or so dollars on the bunny’s room.

• New sheet set is purchased. Hubs purchased this, so I don’t know what the cost was, just that it was definitely under $100.
  • Frames were repainted on artwork, $5 for spray paint.
  • Artwork moved around, free
  • Moved bedroom lamp to living room, free Love love love it there! Lamp from giveaway pile is now in the bedroom.
  • Swapped 12 inch wide table next to bed with slightly smaller 8 inch wide table next to my workspace in living room. I’m very happy with how the living room looks! I don’t love the smaller space next to my side of the bed, but I do appreciate more space on hubs’ side to get to the dresser and closet. free.
  • I recently acquired a lamp from my parents’ house. They were no longer using it. It belonged to my grandmother. It looks and functions great in our bedroom! Free!

Fails: The giant ceiling fan is still in place, but it looks slightly better now that the blades are flipped. With two lamps instead of just one, we have less of a need to turn on the bright fan lights. We decided to wait until “after covid” to replace the ceiling fan because I get nervous with our old wiring.

9 Likes

Well done, team!

Badges have been awarded. As ever, if I missed you please tell me. I promise it wasn’t intentional.

15 Likes

I AM A BUDGET WITCH

I CAN HAVE NO HIGHER AMBITION IN LIFE

(still going for any badge I can possibly acquire, of course)

13 Likes
Goals
Studying 2 hours/day
Duolingo 30 min./day
Yoga 30 min./day
Water Bill $100
Last Week Check-in
Studying 4 hour(s) 14 min.
Duolingo 3 hour(s) 31 min.
Yoga 1 hour(s) 49 min.
Water Bill 100/100 :partying_face:
7 Likes

Please fill this out for sticker mailing - Mailing will happen this Sunday, November 8th!

5 Likes

Oh no, did I miss it? I didn’t see the post before Sunday (and can’t fill it out now because Google Docs doesn’t work at work).

1 Like

It already got mailed, but I think I might’ve included budget ghosties in yours (I mailed september stickers at the same time, super on top of it lol) anyway because I knew you had done the challenge - I can’t remember, let me know when they show up if you got budget ghosties.

3 Likes

Will do! :heart: :ghost:

2 Likes

I got a holographic Kitty Starbudget, a flying ace, and a kitty with a box of toys, but no ghostie :sob:

2 Likes

Ahhh darn. Are you doing this month’s challenge? I’ll add your ghostie to November’s package if so!

3 Likes

I am! Good deal :+1:t2:

1 Like

I was also late, but I’m also in for November if I could get that ghostie after all :ghost:

3 Likes