Bring Your Lunch to Work Club

Do you pack this as separate items or all in the one tub?

1 Like

Oooh please please @AllHat tell me you just cover the plate with tin foil and send it that way!

1 Like

Just knowing I could “report back” here has prompted me to send DH to work with a thermos of coffee and a sandwich yesterday and today.

6 Likes

High five @LadyDuck!

I managed to bring food for the whole day with me. But will likely need a snack when I get home at 830pm.

3 Likes

Oof. I love fish, and at home would happily microwave it, but this is such a no-no in the office.

1 Like

whispers
I… microwave salmon at work?? I find it doesn’t smell very much???

2 Likes

I think tuna is the bad fish smell culprit.

1 Like

Bring your dinner to school counts, right?

Yesterday I had a little bit of veggie chili left over. I packed it along with some leftover mac and cheese. Chili Mac! Also a yogurt.

(Bonus: this meal cost very little. Both the mac n cheese and the yogurt came from BN.)

3 Likes

It definitely counts! Good job using up leftovers!

This week I made rice, roast broccoli, chicken, and peanut miso sauce and I will bring it in Mon to Wed. Broccoli seems less than usual, generally I get at least 4 days out of the bag.

I used to be better about having more variety and different sauces for my bowls, but the past two months I’ve gotten into a habit/rut.

3 Likes

Usually I eat from the shelf stable things I keep on hand in my office (lately it’s been a single serve Mac and cheese with an envelope of spicy tuna stirred in), but today was leftover groundnut stew, and I was much less hangry on the way home. Must consider eating better food.

2 Likes

This isn’t my lunch yet but I’ll be eating it most of the week. It’s the kind of slow cooker meal where you just dump everything in and turn it on, no pre-cooking anything.

3 Likes

I just had this conversation with a coworker:

Coworker: Hey! You have been out of town a lot, do you want to get lunch this week?
Me: Sure! Does Wednesday work?
Coworker: sounds great!
Me: were you wanting to bring your lunch or go somewhere?
Coworker: I actually have a ton of leftovers at my house right now, bringing our lunches sounds perfect!
Me: wonderful! I am excited to catch up with you.

I have a ton of leftovers too and this just saved us both $15.

12 Likes

This is some A+ lunch clubbing. Sounds like a win for everyone!

1 Like

Ooooh what kind of lentils did you use? Or does it matter? I have a bag of brown lentils that I would like to use up soon…

I used green lentils but I think brown would be good too.

1 Like

I made mini crustless quiches on Monday for the week’s lunches.
I whisked a dozen eggs, and added chopped red onion and ham. Then poured into silicone muffin tins and baked on 160*C for 20-30 minutes. They’re really filling and easy to snack on!

Does anyone have good recipes for:

• Brown rice salad
  • Pasta salad

My DH has a fridge on his floor at work and maybe a microwave, and he likes variety. Technically he has a sandwich press and other things in his building but it takes 2 lifts to get there so he skips eating rather than go to the proper kitchen. We’re heading into summer. I’m definitely trying that “cowboy caviar” posted upthread for him!

1 Like

This pasta salad is good at pretty much any temperature.

1 Like

My lunch got left on the counter all night :sob::sob::sob:

Luckily we still had some leftovers in the fridge and I was able to pack a quick last minute lunch.

2 Likes

Oh no! I’m glad you had something else you could bring!