Book club - September 2020 - Howl's Moving Castle

Hi. Starting the poll super simple and I’ll choose some books after this.

• Fiction
  • Non-fiction

0 voters

1 Like

I’ll give it until Monday morning (my time) but it looks like I’ll be picking a few fiction stories. Is everyone OK with “young adult/fantasy”? I hope so because that’s about all I have brain capacity for.

5 Likes

YA fantasy is literally my #1 favorite genre.

I’m impatient. Here’s the new poll.

• Tom’s midnight garden, Phillipa Pearce
  • Ella Enchanted, Gail Levine Carson
  • Howl’s moving Castle, Diana Wynne Jones
  • The Wee Free Men, Terry Pratchett

0 voters

Sorry if any authors name is misspelt.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to read Howl’s Moving Castle!

Tom’s Midnight Garden is such a cute book.

1 Like

Oh Ella Enchanted! I guess I never realized it was a book (I should have known since like 99% of movies were books first) I loved the movie, so I’ll be adding this to my “To Read” list either way.

3 Likes

I can’t choose. I want them all!

2 Likes

same!

1 Like

I almost voted for all of them but I have no access to a copy of Tom’s Midnight Garden!

1 Like

Bummer. My library system has it. It looks wonderful. Ducky made all good choices!

1 Like

I highly recommend your kids read it, Frecks! It is rather relevant to the COVID quarantine.

Also I put a lot of thought into the list and am preening a lot over here with all this praise. Preen, preen.

5 Likes

5 Likes

OK folks, if everyone is able to get a copy of Howl’s Moving Castle, that’s the book for September!

4 Likes

After missing a few months I’m hopping back in! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m in for this! One of my all-time favourite books, I’m due for a re-read.

(Ella Enchanted is another all-time favourite; we got it out of the library over and over again as kids.)

3 Likes

I love love love Howl’s! I’m in for this one.

(Can someone remind me how this works again?)

4 Likes

We all grab a copy and read it and chat about it! Uh I actually haven’t participated at all this year so I’m not sure if we want to read at own pace or aim for 1/4 each week?

4 Likes

Got my copy!

1 Like

I’m in! I will buy a copy and or rewatch the movie

6 Likes