23 in 2023: Save $23 per week/month

LOL, yes, apparently I was having a moment when math eluded me. That is way more than I can save. Oops.

I also promised the Boy that I would only ask for his pay stubs every other month at most next year. Maybe I will use estimates for the other month check ins and then update them? His salary is pretty consistent.

I think we are going to finish the year with in the neighborhood of $12-13K in savings. I can’t figure out how to turn that into something that relates to 24 for next year. Like, I don’t want to set a LOWER goal than I saved this year! One thought I have is to see how much I save this year, then try to save 24% more in 2024! But again that health insurance is such a big looming question mark.

Anyway, welcome to the thread! Sorry to hear it’s been a challenging year financially.

2 Likes

$240 a week?

1 Like

Stickers starting to be shipped out. Here is mine!

2 Likes

Belated update!

Through November, we had saved $12315 total, or 10.9% of our income.

That’s savings of $2088 for October and $1518 for November (when I took some $$ out of the HSA).

@anomalily, should I wait to fill out the sticker form until I have numbers for the whole year? Should I estimate my numbers for the rest of the year?

1 Like

Reminder to let me know if you need to get badged and to fill in form for stickers!

1 Like

$202.30 * 52 = $10,519.6

2023 total: $11,051

So I guess I made it. :tada:

4 Likes