22 in 2022 Challenge: Save $22 Per Week/Month

2022 is here, and it’s arrived with about as unsettling an entrance as 2021 did. But let’s hope it will be better.

We are continuing the 21 in 2021 challenges but have slightly adjusted the goal post for a new year - by $1!

Save $22 per week or $22 per month (whichever makes the most sense to you.)

If saving $21 per week or per month is easy for you, please check out one of the other challenges ALL get the same sticker, but the threads will have people at similar income/challenge levels.

If you are able to attempt the harder challenges you may not join this challenge! But if you push yourself to try the 22% and life happens and you drop out of a bigger challenge I will welcome you with a big hug (credit to @Elle for that paragraph).

Basic rules:

• The goal is to save $22 per week or month!
  • You can have a makeup month if you need it because life is hard.
  • If your income is not in USD, you can choose to save 22 in your currency (i.e. €22, $22 CAD, $22 AUD) OR save the equivalent to $22 USD (i.e. currently €19.35, $27.81 CAD or $30.29 AUD). Just state the path you’re choosing!
  • You can combine any type of savings: emergency fund, investing, debt repayment - to reach your goal.
  • You can choose household or individual savings, whichever you prefer.

What do you get:

• Support on this thread as you go along - post weekly, monthly or quarterly check-ins as appropriate
  • A forum badge when you complete your goal for the year
  • A sticker mailed to you for participating towards your goal for the year
  • A shoutout on the podcast or livestream for reaching your goal

Please Tag @anomalily when you hit any goals so we can get you your badge!

Here’s 2021 and 2022’s slightly unhinged stickers:

Please Tag @anomalily when you hit any goals so we can get you your badge!

Here’s all the 22 in 2022 Challenges:

4 Likes

I can do $22 per week I think. This for me means making the $22, and actually putting it into savings rather than going “ooh I have $22 I can spend on TAKEOUT and BOOKS.”

So I need to have $1144 that I earned in 2022 in a savings account before the end of the year.

3 Likes

Please Tag @anomalily when you hit any goals so we can get you your badge! And then fill in this form for your stickers